Is Daniel Jones elite?

Flamma

Reaction score
So you would tag him?
No. I wouldn't. But a lot of owners would, for business reasons. A lot of fans would want to see him paid or tagged. If I was an owner, I'm not paying a player far beyond their worth at the QB position. But at the same time, I have to understand the team could or would go through some very bad seasons as a result.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No, Jones is not what people would classify as 'elite' status as that is reserved for the likes of Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow. That said, Jones played very well against the Vikings in his first playoff game and not only helped the team to victory but clearly helped position himself to a very good payday seeing as how the Giants had declined his 5th-year rookie option.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No. But he doesn't need to be. Its a team game. When all 3 phases do a decent job, you can win. When was the last game where we had all 3 phases playing well? Minnesota maybe? If we can do that again, we can't be beat.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Giant's coaching staff is elite. Not sure about the QB
Daboll/Martindale will coach circles around Siriani next week. THAT SAID, in the end, elite talent like Hurts and Brown wins. They just have way 2 much firepower and ways to beat ya. Same as the Niners. Its obvious they are the 2 best teams in the NFC.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I thought Barkley came off as very classy and a great team mate in his post game interview if that's what you are referring to?
No, not what I'm referring to rather I refer to the truth in his far out statement. I said nothing about his classiness but rather his overstatement that Danny Dimes was "elite". That's not a word to throw around lightly which is what SB did.

To back that up I'll say the Jones has failed the eye test every time I've ever seen him play. He never rises to the occasion to put his team on his back and carry them to victory, especially in "need to win" games. He's not a "captain" of men! That is the definition of "elite". So for Barkley to declare this QB who has been in the league 4 years and done nothing notable as elite then there's some light gas floating around between Barkley's ears.

I'm not from Missouri but Danny Dimes needs to "show me" before I declare him elite and SB is a buffoon for declaring him as elite despite the aplomb he conducted himself with in the post game interview.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
No, not what I'm referring to rather I refer to the truth in his far out statement. I said nothing about his classiness but rather his overstatement that Danny Dimes was "elite". That's not a word to throw around lightly which is what SB did.

To back that up I'll say the Jones has failed the eye test every time I've ever seen him play. He never rises to the occasion to put his team on his back and carry them to victory, especially in "need to win" games. He's not a "captain" of men! That is the definition of "elite". So for Barkley to declare this QB who has been in the league 4 years and done nothing notable as elite then there's some light gas floating around between Barkley's ears.

I'm not from Missouri but Danny Dimes needs to "show me" before I declare him elite and SB is a buffoon for declaring him as elite despite the aplomb he conducted himself with in the post game interview.
Well I'm with you in that I am not sold on Jones, but you do realize he did EXACTLY what you are looking for yesterday, right? Give the guy some credit. He was excellent, and regardless of what you think about the Vikes it was a road playoff victory as an underdog.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think you saw a QB who is benefiting from good coaching; Daboll does a good job incorporating his strengths into their gameplan.

I hate to say this, but it seems to me that both Philly and NYG have really good coaching staffs and are greatly improved teams while Dallas continues to make questionable moves and fails to address glaring weaknesses…I expect this off-season to be no different.

Majic

Reaction score
Daboll/Martindale will coach circles around Siriani next week. THAT SAID, in the end, elite talent like Hurts and Brown wins. They just have way 2 much firepower and ways to beat ya. Same as the Niners. Its obvious they are the 2 best teams in the NFC.
Rome wasn't built in a day. The Giants have the right coaching staff in place now

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day. The Giants have the right coaching staff in place now
I have mad respect for the Giants and the staff. It really shows what a outstanding staff can do with players that nobody else really wanted...ie Golladay, Ritchie James, Jones, and a host of others. The wr core is made up of special teamers on any other team. Pretty damn amazing. He turned goulash into steak dinner in 1 offseason. They cant match up with us if we get them again btw. We have their number.

jsb357

Reaction score
Jones took control of the game against the Viking and played well throughout.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Jones played great but the Viking’s D is not good.

Give him credit for winning a road playoff game which is never easy.

If Jones played like that against San Francisco it would be a different story.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
DJ isn't remotely elite but we want the football world to keep saying he is so he keeps his job there and we keep dominating that divisional foe.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don’t even think he’s “good” let alone “elite”

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Nope. He always looks like he is scared out there to me. He exudes zero confidence in his body language.

I, for one, would love it if the Giants signed him to a huge deal. :grin: