Is Dez Bryant A Bust

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Does Dez seem like the kind of guy who loves to work on his craft? Are Dez's fundamentals as a WR getting a little better every season?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dez did have several Pro Bowl seasons before Dak came along. Anyone recall those ? Lol

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If Dez has trouble getting open and drops passes when he does get open i don't see how that is turning into a 1000 yards. Now add in that it's claimed that Dak is not Dez's kind of QB. Things don't seem to be going in the right direction for Dez whether he is to blame or not.
In one of Sturms tweets, he basically said Dez wouldve had 80 catches and over 1k if he didnt drop those passes

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
A WR with more TDs than the "playmaker" wouldn't be considered a bust for me. No doubt the connection between he and Dak needs to improve to get back to that 1000 plus yards guy. Also no doubt that we have to improve our LT play when Tyron is out, reducing the sacks and pressure on Dak, and letting the connection happen between the two of them on the field. Zeke being available for 16 games would help too.

Would allowing fewer sacks and pressures on Dak with 16 games of Zeke alone improve their connection. Can't say for sure but their connection certainly looked to be improving the last 6 games of 2016. Still it wasn't great the first 8 games of 2017. He's not a bust. We don't use Dez to his strength for one thing. He never was a burner and go routes along the sidelines are about 30-40 successful. I'm drafting a WR THIS year. Decent depth at WR in the draft. If the new guy pushes T Will great, If he pushes Dez too, even better.

Dez and Dak either need improve or no doubt Dez is gone in 2019. They have 2018 to get back on track

Carson

Reaction score
If Dez has trouble getting open and drops passes when he does get open i don't see how that is turning into a 1000 yards. Now add in that it's claimed that Dak is not Dez's kind of QB. Things don't seem to be going in the right direction for Dez whether he is to blame or not.

All valid and logical points.

This year is make or break with Dez. If our offense flows l

Bob is the man!!!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
No. There comes a point where a player simply isnt as productive. It’s not his fault the Cowboys didn’t take advantage of his prime years. Garrett was the wrong hire at the time. Please note I’m not saying Garrett should be fired or he sucks or anything hyperbolic or overly extrapolatatory. Garrett simply wasn’t the right man for the team at the time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No hes not hes had some injuries and on top of those adjusting to a run first offense and a new QB..really up until this season hes still produced..those games he missed in 16 i believe he was on pace for 1200 yards 10tds had he not got injured and in the playoff game he had over 100..yes hes fallen off so has wittten, not many left overs from the Romo Era really.big turnover the last 3 years on both sides of the ball..we have a young team with anew identity..just because his contract is big doesn't make him a bust..he owns records here, how can he be a bust? a bust is high draft pick who never produces or near lives up to his hype AT ALL.. like A Ryan leaf, Achilles smith, Jamarcus Russell, many RBs from penn state lol and all first round qbs taken by the browns just off the top of my head LMAO..I woudnt quite call Claiborne a bust but hes pretty close one from our team...wait i guess he was :)