Stop!!!! I am tired of people ragging on Ferg he is the prototypical TE for today’s NFL. Back in the day when I was growing up the TEs did more blocking than receiving that was the 60s,70s, 80s, because TEs were block first catch second, now days they’re catch first and block second. I will say that every starting TE in the league is not good at blocking, some are adequate at best , that’s why teams always have 2-3, because the second TE is the blocker and the 3rd can do both they may be better at one or the other and some may be good at both things but they are mainly chain movers the best ones are very crafty at getting open it’s almost like they learn the knack of lulling the defense asleep and then you look up their open.
Ferg does his job and he’s doing it well, now Spann-Ford looks like or has shown that he’s got a little more pop to his game but I would say he most likely played WR a lot before he was moved to TE, and he probably played LB/DE maybe even FB he had that mentality