Is Gallimore still a Thanksgiving return?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can't find what I read about a similar injury and that they expect him to return later than what was suggested.
We need these guys for the postseason. This forum is flooded with fans who think we're fine without them.

Sydla

Reaction score
I can't find what I read about a similar injury and that they expect him to return later than what was suggested.
We need these guys for the postseason. This forum is flooded with fans who think we're fine without them.

Agreed. This team can't make a run in January if they don't have Lawrence and Gallimore (and Gregory) back IMO.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I doubt Gallimore will be ready before Thanksgiving. I doubt Gallimore returns this year unless there are some injuries on the DL. Gallimore is chilling on IR as an insurance policy. Not sure how he would even get reps in practice or games right now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen something where Gallimore could possibly be ready this week for KC. But I am not holding out any hope. Because it is what this team does. As the original time frame he was to be out unto 6 weeks making him able to play like week 4. but here we are, week 11.

Just as DLaw, the original timing, he would be back for the KC game, as they said mid November at the longest, typical recovery time. Now we are hearing...maybe...December...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This staff feels different than the JG era. They're not rushing players back because they have the reserves prepared. I could see a pile of players come back after Thanksgiving. If that happens we could make a run.
I also like that they're not spilling the beans and releasing info that could help other teams.

quickccc

Reaction score
I have really been hoping Gallimore would turn put to be a steal gem for us, ala like Chiefs stud DT Chris Jones (2nd rd)
but a goofy DL coach, Mike Nolan, and an mysterious prolonged elbow injury that still hasn't any absolute clarification.

- He's missed so much time this year that Gallimore is still raw and inexperienced
He still is so very underdeveloped and a work in progress. His return will be more a learning curve than instant
impact. But because he is so athletic and physically gifted, we have to still find a role for him in the rotation.

-The elbow injury is what still puzzling. I would not think a " dislocated " elbow would not have forced Gallimore out this long into the reg. season.
Tends to have me wondering if it was much worse than what the club let on.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It is okay if they want to take their time with Gallimore. I'd rather the whole team be healthiest going into the playoffs.

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
I doubt Gallimore will be ready before Thanksgiving. I doubt Gallimore returns this year unless there are some injuries on the DL. Gallimore is chilling on IR as an insurance policy. Not sure how he would even get reps in practice or games right now.
nope-danny-de-vito.gif