Is Gallimore still a Thanksgiving return?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think all of these injuries will end up being a benefit for us going into the playoffs. Teams will have very little tape on what Quinn can do with a fully healthy defense.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
nope-danny-de-vito.gif

Dude hasn’t even practiced in 12 weeks. He showed up and played well in two or three games the last half of the year last season. The team basically had little at DT for competition last year. Not this year though. Lots of competition on the DL.

plymkr

Reaction score
That was the latest rumor but haven't heard much.

I think he's a pretty important cog we need for any playoff run. I still don't trust us up the middle if teams really want to try to run it down our throats with a decent OL.
Probably next Thanksgiving. I'm frustrated with Gallimore and DLaw injuries, we need them for the stretch run. I'm praying they come back soon.

glimmerman

Reaction score

I think he's a pretty important cog we need for any playoff run. I still don't trust us up the middle if teams really want to try to run it down our throats with a decent OL.
Him and D-Law would be nice. Need full rotation.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude hasn’t even practiced in 12 weeks. He showed up and played well in two or three games the last half of the year last season. The team basically had little at DT for competition last year. Not this year though. Lots of competition on the DL.

You overvalue what we have at DT. It's still fairly mediocre, just that we may have more average bodies than we typically do. They need Gallimore if they want to make a run in January IMO.

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
The DT group isn’t so deep that a good player can’t work his way back in. When he is ready, he’s playing

visionary

Reaction score
I doubt Gallimore will be ready before Thanksgiving. I doubt Gallimore returns this year unless there are some injuries on the DL. Gallimore is chilling on IR as an insurance policy. Not sure how he would even get reps in practice or games right now.

You think our best DT won’t get practice reps

:lmao::facepalm:

fivetwos

Reaction score
If he can't play this Sunday I can't see him playing four days later.

Really, after three months and change a few days matter?

May as well let him have an additional ten days and target the Saints game.

I'd say that's more realistic.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Gallimore was just so dominant at times last year. Hopefully he comes back soon.
What games were you watching? He was one of the worst graded linemen in the league last year along with Trysten Hill. Osa is so much better it is laughable.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You think our best DT won’t get practice reps

:lmao::facepalm:

How many starter reps do you think he would get? Watkins, Hill, Bohanna, Odig, Golston, Basham, Hamilton, and Urban. Even have Gregory and Armstrong sliding inside also.

Best DT?

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
How many starter reps do you think he would get? Watkins, Hill, Bohanna, Odig, Golston, Basham, Hamilton, and Urban. Even have Gregory and Armstrong sliding inside also.

Best DT?
Watkins and Bohanna are not going to keep Gallimore off the field as he is better than both

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Watkins and Bohanna are not going to keep Gallimore off the field as he is better than both

Based on what? Tape from the Stealer game last year?

Don’t get me wrong. I think Gallimore showed something last year in a few games in the latter half of the season. Based on what I saw in the first one or two preseason games, Gallimore didn’t stand out and show me that he took the next step. Granted, it was a small sample size.

I am not pencilling him in as starter.

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
Based on what? Tape from the Stealer game last year?

Don’t get me wrong. I think Gallimore showed something last year in a few games in the latter half of the season. Based on what I saw in the first one or two preseason games, Gallimore didn’t stand out and show me that he took the next step. Granted, it was a small sample size.

I am not pencilling him in as starter.
He’s shown more than those two.. it’s a moot point because when he’s healthy, he’ll be out there and this thread will be bumped

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He’s shown more than those two.. it’s a moot point because when he’s healthy, he’ll be out there and this thread will be bumped

By the end of last year, I did not see much separation between Hamilton and Gallimore.

Watkins is playing pretty well in my opinion.
Hill looked good in limited action against the Falcons.
Bohanna seems to have hit a wall. Not showing much.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wouldn't put any stock in whatever rumor you heard. If he was close, I think he'd be back for the Chiefs game vs the Raiders just four days later. And I haven't heard anything about him being ready,

ESisback

Reaction score
I seen something where Gallimore could possibly be ready this week for KC. But I am not holding out any hope. Because it is what this team does. As the original time frame he was to be out unto 6 weeks making him able to play like week 4. but here we are, week 11.

Just as DLaw, the original timing, he would be back for the KC game, as they said mid November at the longest, typical recovery time. Now we are hearing...maybe...December...
It’s ALWAYS longer. I said it before, and people were all over me about it. But wow, how good will we be when Lawrence, Gallimore and Gregory are all back?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I certainly don't want to risk him playing KC then LV so close together. Thanksgiving game would be perfect to roll him out.