Is Garrett stuck in the 90s?

BadKarma

Reaction score
If you recall, last year we were praising Garrett up until the latter part of the season where our offense appeared to have hit a wall. At some point during that time, either the opposing defenses caught on or, as the coaches say, we weren't executing.

This year appears to be a combination of our inept OL performance and our defense and special teams under-performing, adding more pressure to the offense. But I believe the missing element is the inability to get T.O. more involved.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I find it truly amazing that someone with a TV and a keyboard can suddenly have the football acumen to dissect the team and make blanket statements about an OC when his starting quarterback is out. Even if he does still rank at the top in all categories.

I remind you of:

Martellus Bennett is a bust.

Randall Williams just needs a chance.

Quincy Carter just needs time and the team solidly behind him.

Billy Davis is the next Michael Irvin.

Amendola is a player.

Miles Austin just needs reps to be a top receiver and terry Glenn's replacement.

Roy Williams will be a beast of a safety.

Woody Danzler should never have been released.

We are fans and thus don't know jack.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TwoDeep3;2380896 said:
I find it truly amazing that someone with a TV and a keyboard can suddenly have the football acumen to dissect the team and make blanket statements about an OC when his starting quarterback is out. Even if he does still rank at the top in all categories.

I remind you of:

Amendola is a player.

Miles Austin just needs reps to be a top receiver and terry Glenn's replacement.

Who are you replying to? This rant has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. No one is anointing Choice or anyone else. We simply believe that someone besides Barber should get a few carries per game. And what does Romo being out have to do with the fact that Barber is getting 100% of the carries in some games? Try reading before you post.

MONT17

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2380506 said:
He seems to be confusing MB3 with Emmitt, thus no one else gets a carry. Even when Felix was willing and able, he got maybe 3 touches a game. Even when he made the MOST of those touches, he still didn't get much playing time. Now Tashard Choice has a chance to show what he can do, right? Wrong. He didn't get one carry against the Bucs. Garrett needs to bring his running game philosophy into the 21st century and utilize more than one ball carrier per game. I'm not saying Choice will light it up, but we won't know if we don't try him. Plus, Barber could use a rest from time to time.

Don't tell the Fantasy Kids that they may break down and cry or call a talk show and ask if they should trade MB3 for a Light Saber.

dre1614

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2380993 said:
Who are you replying to? This rant has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. No one is anointing Choice or anyone else. We simply believe that someone besides Barber should get a few carries per game. And what does Romo being out have to do with the fact that Barber is getting 100% of the carries in some games? Try reading before you post.

Garrett actually studies film and knows each player on the team very well, unlike you...........just saying.........
Maybe Choice has fumbled or has sucked at pass protection during practice, or missed assignments?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2380506 said:
He seems to be confusing MB3 with Emmitt, thus no one else gets a carry. Even when Felix was willing and able, he got maybe 3 touches a game. Even when he made the MOST of those touches, he still didn't get much playing time. Now Tashard Choice has a chance to show what he can do, right? Wrong. He didn't get one carry against the Bucs. Garrett needs to bring his running game philosophy into the 21st century and utilize more than one ball carrier per game. I'm not saying Choice will light it up, but we won't know if we don't try him. Plus, Barber could use a rest from time to time.

I think he saw Barber giving this offense a spark this past game after 3 3 and out drives to start the game and stayed with him. I would like to see Choice gets some carries as well but I think Garrett felt more comfortable in this game staying with Barber

igtmfo

Reaction score
Choice whooped *** as a blocker in preseason. He's a smart guy and real hardworking .... I can't imagine he's making dumb choices ...

But yeah maybe Choice is the new redheaded stepchild like

-Curvin Richards

-Sherman Williams

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2380993 said:

I think hes replying to all the people who seem to want to throw Garrett under the bus.

newlander

Reaction score
I'm with the minority here: we need to get Romo, Felix and KOSIER back to get in synch again. Plus now we have RW so..............can't wait until after the bye when hopefully all three will be back. Do or die this year for WAde and Red really. Injuries make a big difference but you still have to hold it together to make a run. I'd like our chances if it wasn't for that brutal schedule down the stretch................................we'll see.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2380528 said:
Garrett is looking really bad....

he is looking bad to the point where im questioning either he has lost it mentally , or he is holding back until later in the season like spagnuolo did with the giants last season with their d.

the lack of felix ,motion for to, creative plays, screens and strange formations ie witten in slot t.o in slot and now roy in slot. as compared to last year has me at a loss for words on topic anyone else agree?

loss of sparano now showing ?

David276

Benched
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2380896 said:
TwoDeep3;2380896 said:
I remind you of:

Amendola is a player.

LOL @ contradicting ones self

Martice

Reaction score
I think the most glaring issue with Garrett is this year he is finding it hard to get one of the best receivers in the league the ball. I don't care what the defense is doing, you have to figure out how to get TO the ball.

So far, he seems to be struggling with that and until he can figure out how to do so, he is suspect in my eyes.