Is Garrett the most polarizing figure in Cowboys history?

cml750

Reaction score
This thread is not meant to praise or bash Garrett but rather to point out how lines seem to be drawn around him. Please do not post pro-Garrett or anti-Garrett post here rather just discuss if he is the most polarizing figure in team history. I think he is. Some may say Jerry but I just dismiss Jerry since he isn't going anywhere.

Mods, could you make this a yes or no poll????

JeffG

Reaction score
I know you dismissed Jerry, but even though he's not going anywhere, I would still say he's far more polarizing.

As for coaches, I would mention several coordinators from the past that were far more polarizing: Coslet, Shula and Gailey on offense and Ryan on defense, just to name a few.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Aside from Jerry, I would say the Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson wars.

The irony is that both sides were correct: the other guy sucked.

I remember pulling so hard for Quincy to win the job. Now that I look back, I can't believe what I was thinking. He was the best of a bad lot but he wasn't ever going to lead us anywhere. lol

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry
Quincy
TO

Heck I think even Campo and Wade garnered more threads than Garrett.

Aggie87

Reaction score
TO
Pacman Jones
Chan Gailey
Dave Campo
Greg Hardy

hell, I'd argue the Cowboys in 1987 who crossed the picket line and played during the strike were more polarizing than Garrett.

remdak

Reaction score
If Twitter, online forums etc. existed back in the 70's, Duane Thomas would have had a lot of threads.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I remember pulling so hard for Quincy to win the job. Now that I look back, I can't believe what I was thinking. He was the best of a bad lot but he wasn't ever going to lead us anywhere. lol

dark days...dark dark dark dark days... Goodness, I just felt a chill come over me...

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I dislike JG and would still go w/JJ as front and center, then the Deion, QC/Hutch, TO, etc. stuff.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This thread is not meant to praise or bash Garrett but rather to point out how lines seem to be drawn around him. Please do not post pro-Garrett or anti-Garrett post here rather just discuss if he is the most polarizing figure in team history. I think he is. Some may say Jerry but I just dismiss Jerry since he isn't going anywhere.

Mods, could you make this a yes or no poll????

Nothing polarizing at all. There is a few band of HOMERS that like him because they would like anyone. Most other fans would throw a party if he got fired tomorrow.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
tumblr_mnxocoI2np1so8n28o1_500.gif

I'd say that's a big fat NO from me