Is Garrett the most polarizing figure in Cowboys history?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I know you dismissed Jerry, but even though he's not going anywhere, I would still say he's far more polarizing.

As for coaches, I would mention several coordinators from the past that were far more polarizing: Coslet, Shula and Gailey on offense and Ryan on defense, just to name a few.

I also recall a "GROZ" (get rid of Zimmer) movement on this site several years ago. Way, way back, Tom Landry was a polarizing figure. In fact, there were many more fans that wanted to dump him than there were fans that wanted to keep him. I'm glad the organization didn't listen to the fan base. All that said, "polarization" has pretty much been borne out of today's technology, IMO. There are may ways to voice an opinion that didn't exist 20 years ago.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
How about Duane Thomas? For those of you who want to reply with "Who?", look it up.

I did not like him. He was a good RB, but he was a hard person/player to like.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
How about Duane Thomas?

I wouldn't say he was polarizing as a player, He certainly was militant and hated
whites but never went out of his way to make himself a spectacle in the limelight

mrmojo

Reaction score
Garrett's not even on my radar...so he's not even close. Hollywood Henderson was.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I can't say anything about Garrett without being anti-Garrett. So I'll just say "no".

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
I would have to go with TO and Garrett isn't even close to being as polarizing as TO. If we were judging coaches alone I think Parcells wa more polarizing than Garrett.

strollinruss

Reaction score
lol. yes, possibly. Owens was a team killer and the Tuna certainly could make enemies. Garrett is too plain and boring to be polarizing.
Plain, that is a great way to describe him. I've got to say he seems to have a good grasp on the players and where they are in press conferences and such, but in no way is he polarizing. Not even in the top 20, but in no way am I knocking him. Gonna give him 2 more years to win it all before I burn him at the stake.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Garrett polarizing? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... :laugh:

Not a chance.

nobody

Reaction score
I have to say that Jerry is by far the most polarizing figure. Garrett wouldn't even be a close 2nd.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Plain, that is a great way to describe him. I've got to say he seems to have a good grasp on the players and where they are in press conferences and such, but in no way is he polarizing. Not even in the top 20, but in no way am I knocking him. Gonna give him 2 more years to win it all before I burn him at the stake.
GD Strollinruss...sure nice to see you here...God bless you. Garrett is a turd and should never have been hired...how about that!!

haleyrules

Reaction score
I have to say that Jerry is by far the most polarizing figure. Garrett wouldn't even be a close 2nd.
Deathy..you are one of the most polarizing people of all time....not counting ole Jerry boy or Don...lol...;)