Is Gregory Rousseau a David Irving starter kit?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, Apr 22, 2021.

1. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

5,491 Messages
    6,576 Likes Received
    Still a Rousseau fan. His Pro Day didn't do him any favors, but he wins more with length than athleticism anyway. Watch his tape, he just sort of slides off guys both outside and inside because they can't put two hands on him and lock him up.

2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

47,672 Messages
    25,414 Likes Received
    :laugh:

3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

26,710 Messages
    17,311 Likes Received
    Look, we desperately need front 7/ d line help. This is something we should all agree on but I am sick of prime picks that have Taco/ Hill outcomes based on projection and SPARQ scores. Let's draft the guys with the best tape for a change.

Brooksey likes this.
  4. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

4,968 Messages
    2,293 Likes Received
    Prefer Phillips who possess far better pass rush moves. Better floor and just as high ceiling IMO.

Rousseau at 2nd maybe and definitely in the 3rd. He just scares me. Looks like a unrefined Randy Gregory to me. Irving was more powerful and dropped due to character issues which was true.

5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

7,228 Messages
    5,687 Likes Received
    I think Dallas needs to overhaul their defensive scouting department. For whatever reason, they seem to fail at a higher rate than when they pick offense. Something is off on that side of the ball.

RS12 and Brooksey like this.
  6. The Realist

The Realist Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    He blows Hill and Gallimore off the field. If you want him you have to take him at 44.

Brooksey and Zekeats like this.
  7. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

9,915 Messages
    11,201 Likes Received
    He reminds me so much of Irving too from watching his film. I don’t care about the times on this guy cause when you watch him play he’s an impact player on the line.

8. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

9,915 Messages
    11,201 Likes Received
    Hes one of those players that can role out of bed and play on Sunday!

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  9. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

17,412 Messages
    15,448 Likes Received
    Yup....I'm buying. We should have interest...but I don't think we do. Gonna be ticked when the Eagles trade down....and still scoop him.

CATCH17 likes this.
  10. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

42,242 Messages
    28,031 Likes Received
    My thought is that this is yet another laughable idea in a long line of bad ideas by you. Again, you are clearly TRYING to say something ridiculous. There is no way you actually think what your saying is remotely credible?

11. CowboyRoy

42,242 Messages
    28,031 Likes Received
    Well that figures. :thumbdown:

12. CowboyRoy

42,242 Messages
    28,031 Likes Received
    "If he is good at rushing the passer"? Here is a DE that you are unsure can rush the passer and you have been advocating him for weeks posting multiple threads. I suppose you dont see how ridiculous that is?

And even now you mention that he is a "skinny 270 pounds" and are now advocating move the DE inside to DT?

You truly have no shame at all.

13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,041 Messages
    74,186 Likes Received

This is a think tank and an open discussion about a player and peoples opinions on the interesting skill set he has.

I don’t pretend to be an expert on this guy.

So get out of your feelings and stop being a donut. Go back to the Fan zone with all the normie whiners and let the men discuss football.

14. CowboyRoy

42,242 Messages
    28,031 Likes Received
    Getting him in the 2nd round wouldnt be horrible. Depending on who else wasnt there.

15. CowboyRoy

42,242 Messages
    28,031 Likes Received
    This would be great if you actually put some thought into it. Your reasoning makes zero sense.

Say something credible and you wont get hammered for it. That simple. This isnt the BAD IDEA ZONE. This is the DRAFT ZONE.

16. CowboyRoy

42,242 Messages
    28,031 Likes Received
    I would be very happy with that draft.

17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,041 Messages
    74,186 Likes Received

You’re the only one “hammering” but that makes sense since you’re such a tool
    Box.

I can’t believe you still quote me all the time.. Your opinion means squat to me..

Robbieac likes this.
  18. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

28,557 Messages
    34,568 Likes Received
    i'm in the minority but i'd love to steal him in the 2nd.
    he has the length that screams Cowboys DE.

19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,041 Messages
    74,186 Likes Received
    Ive watched video of him lining up inside and blowing by guards.. Like No chance.

You just don’t think of a defensive tackle as a 6’7 guy with a thin build. He needs to bulk up to 290..

Also, he may just be a pass rusher from the inside and run stopper on the outside.

And.. If that’s the case is he only going to be a useful player on obvious passing downs or could we rotate him all game?

I mean I’ve seen this guy line up at OLB, DE, and DT..

He just looks like a guy that belongs in the front 7 somewhere and can make an impact but it’s hard to see what that role is.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    cowboyec likes this.
  20. CowboyRoy

42,242 Messages
    28,031 Likes Received
    Who is the tool box that said the following?

-Dalton would perform better in our offense than Dak
    -Dalton would lead us to the playoffs
    -Beatherd and Kayaa will be better pros than Mahomes
    -CB is NOT one of the 4 prime positions in football but safety is
    -Rouss the DE is a skinny DE that im not sure can rush the passer, but lets draft him and move him to DT?

That would be you genius!!!

If Im a tool box than you are a box or rocks. This is a bozo thread in a long line of bozo threads started by you. At least you changed your tune from wanting to take him with the 10th pick to getting value in the 2nd.