Is Gregory Rousseau a David Irving starter kit?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, Apr 22, 2021.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,041 Messages
    74,186 Likes Received

One of the better Irving games and he plays awfully high as well. (No pun)

Zekeats and darthseinfeld like this.
  2. The Realist

The Realist Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    The hate for Rousseau reminds me of the hate for Calais Campbell. Fell all the way to the 4th round.

3. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Sase

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    25,618 Messages
    28,357 Likes Received
    Campbell was a 2nd rounder

Zekeats and Brooksey like this.
  4. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Sase

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    25,618 Messages
    28,357 Likes Received
    Im one of the few Milton Williams fans here lol. However one of my big concerns with him is length. His production was decent and not great because he played mostly 5T at LAT. He is probably only going to thrive as a gap shooter, and not in a spot where you need length to generate leverage. Rousseau will be far more versatile

5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

58,929 Messages
    27,711 Likes Received
    The problem with him is that he only has one season of play. That's what's hurting him right now but yeah, a lot of people thought that he was a quicker, faster Calais Campbell in his Freshman year.

CATCH17 likes this.
  6. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

9,915 Messages
    11,201 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think he can win from anywhere like Irving did. He has long strong arms that once you can get into a guy and rip or kick hands off easy doesn't matter if it's an interior guard or an outside tackle. He had a bunch of what some on here call coverage sacks but the difference between him and other pass rushers are the other pass rushers continue to get blocked so when the QB steps up he takes off and gets past the line, in his case he rips the lineman and with those long arms he catches the QB. Thats the difference of about 5-15 yards on those plays. I would not pass this guy up if he makes it to our 2nd round pick.

7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

27,917 Messages
    21,823 Likes Received
    I haven't really paid attention to him because I'm not looking for an early-round end. But I just went and watched film on him and he did pass-rush effectively from the inside when he was put there. A draft site said his ideal role is being a defensive end who gets to pass rush from the inside. I think if we drafted him, that's how we'd view him.

Don't watch much college football, so I can't do anything more than watch what's out there on each player, but I like what I see in his videos more than what i see from Turner and Milton Williams. He definitely needs more size than what he had in the video, but if he can put that on and keep it, David Irving might be a good comparison.

8. hendog86

hendog86 Well-Known Member

201 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    To me he looks like he wins mostly on athletic abilities alone. Which isn’t a knock on him.
    Once he learns the nuances and has a plan I think he has a high ceiling.