Is it Cooper's Fault?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Viable question. Here’s another. Do we have “too many” options? Think about it. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Wilson, Shultz, Pollard, Zeke, etc. There are a couple of divas in that group, and it least one or two of them take plays off when it’s not about them. Some players need so many targets to get hot or find a groove. Not enough snaps to spread around?
Such a horrible problem for our true diva on this team.. Dak the Diva, or Diva Dak, either way you say it means the same.

Tussinman

Reaction score
We have all seen diva WR's. They have been on our team before. Cooper and Lamb are not diva WR's.
Yeah when I think of Diva I think of Michael Thomas or Odell. Funny enough people complain about Amari "disappearing" but those 2 divas(Thomas and Odell) both dramatically tanked in games played and stats after they got paid........

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This team has basically two #1 wrs, you may not think so, but they do. You pay a guy 20 million a season you want him to get the ball, you have a guy you drafted in the first round he needs his receptions as well.

To solve this, what we really need is 1 #1 WR and some role players at receiver that are affected and can do what a Gallup does. These top guys are divas, I think we have to think when we criticize Coop, he didn't assemble this team.

Does he need to play better yes, does he need targets yes, i just think we have two guys that want the ball when it should be one and the other be a supporter, please give your thoughts..
These large contract players have to play up to the contract or face getting cut.
It's the nature of the salary cap

ESisback

Reaction score
Such a horrible problem for our true diva on this team.. Dak the Diva, or Diva Dak, either way you say it means the same.

I think Cooper is a bigger Diva than Dak, and all I’m saying is there might not be enough targets to keep everyone happy. Even if they do make the proper adjustments, if we lose certain players or suffer certain injuries, those adjustments could be negated, causing some of those “realists” to bleat some snarky I told you so’s.

No matter what happens, most of us will endure.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think Cooper is a bigger Diva than Dak, and all I’m saying is there might not be enough targets to keep everyone happy. Even if they do make the proper adjustments, if we lose certain players or suffer certain injuries, those adjustments could be negated, causing some of those “realists” to bleat some snarky I told you so’s.
Well we will be definitely depleting the ranks, so the only way Dak gets better is because Dak somehow becomes exponentially better, and this is where we must ask ourselves "HOW"
Ive just never witnessed a player getting better when the talent around them is delineating by the day at this point.
How does Dak get better when what he once had, the level he once had just cant simply exist anymore, not with his contract and a roster that can no longer mask his weaknesses, not they did this year specifically, but its going to be even worse now.
But Dak will restructure, make himself look like a solid Jerrys Boys, but the decline is already so evident, its depressing actually.
Sorry to be a bummer, but its just obvious.
Quinn can be the new focal point and bet we pump some serious draft stock into the defense this April.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah when I think of Diva I think of Michael Thomas or Odell. Funny enough people complain about Amari "disappearing" but those 2 divas(Thomas and Odell) both dramatically tanked in games played and stats after they got paid........
No question Thomas and Odell are MUCH bigger divas, but I think Cooper DOES take plays off when he’s not getting targets.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Maybe I have blinders on, or those stupid looking rose colored glasses,
but I remember Cooper running such a sweet comeback route that
Ronald Darby blew his knee out trying to cover him.

I wish we would exploit his talents more. He'd have 100 catches in
most offenses.

Dallas could call plays for Cooper all day but the TE will get more looks
from Dak than the guys on the outside.

ESisback

Reaction score
Well we will be definitely depleting the ranks, so the only way Dak gets better is because Dak somehow becomes exponentially better, and this is where we must ask ourselves "HOW"
Ive just never witnessed a player getting better when the talent around them is delineating by the day at this point.
How does Dak get better when what he once had, the level he once had just cant simply exist anymore, not with his contract and a roster that can no longer mask his weaknesses, not they did this year specifically, but its going to be even worse now.
But Dak will restructure, make himself look like a solid Jerrys Boys, but the decline is already so evident, its depressing actually.
Sorry to be a bummer, but its just obvious.
Quinn can be the new focal point and bet we pump some serious draft stock into the defense this April.

We’re all just speculators, so however you get enjoyment out of this team in 2022 is up to you.✊

Cebrin

Reaction score
We have all seen diva WR's. They have been on our team before. Cooper and Lamb are not diva WR's.
Yeah I don't get that remark. Both fun players that love one another, and just have fun doing what they do. Not that I don't see opportunity for them, but it's not all on them.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are already feeding the simple minded fans the "Cooper's production doesn't warrant 20 mil" line so they can grease the track to get him shipped out. I guess it doesn't matter that Cooper was ranked 49th in targets last year and when asked Kellen say "we don't want to target Cooper like that we want to spread it around", someone needs to tell him that Cooper is your number 1. Tell the Rams, GB, Cincy about spreading it around evenly and they'll laugh in your face.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
This team has basically two #1 wrs, you may not think so, but they do. You pay a guy 20 million a season you want him to get the ball, you have a guy you drafted in the first round he needs his receptions as well.

To solve this, what we really need is 1 #1 WR and some role players at receiver that are affected and can do what a Gallup does. These top guys are divas, I think we have to think when we criticize Coop, he didn't assemble this team.

Does he need to play better yes, does he need targets yes, i just think we have two guys that want the ball when it should be one and the other be a supporter, please give your thoughts..
First of all, Ceedee is not a #1 WR yet, but eventually he will be.. Right now, he lacks CONSISTENCY but in time I believe he will be ELITE.

When Cooper is healthy, we've all seen his BRILLIANCE in full display, but when he isn't feeling well or is trying to fight through an injury, we've seen him DISAPPEAR. I believe Cooper is VERY IMPORTANT to this offense especially with a lack of a good running game.. Dak and the coaches have to do a much better job of getting him involved throughout the entire game and treat him like a [$20 million] #1 WR.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think it’s a combination of things…
Some of it is on Cooper.
Some of it’s Dak.
Some of it’s playcalling.
I agree, it's all 3 of those. Moore and Dak are failing to capitalize on his talent and Cooper is failing to take full advantage of his talent.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm still curious how a WR as good as Cee Dee Lamb, who had single coverage all game--only got a couple of targets in the playoffs.
The same reason Zeke was the featured back and Pollard had limited touches. It's like our whole coaching staff came down with Jason Garrett syndrome. We're going to do our gameplan whether it's working or not.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Cooper is flat out better than Lamb. Period. Better route runner, better athlete, and faster (see combine numbers).

When the Hall of Fame Grocery Bagger (Kurt Warner) analyzed the playoff lost. Cooper was open on +90% of Dak's bad throws to the wrong receivers. This has Jerry Dumbo GM Jones smell all over it and it stinks of 26 year old funk.

Cmac

Reaction score
Coop.......now a Fall Guy for the fall out. Welcome.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cooper is not a diva. He needs to be fed the ball early to get in the game. Teams double him and Dak don’t like throwing in double coverage. Coop gets discouraged. We need a run game to open him up.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
It's hard to put too much on the players when they are in such a poor environment

Expect Coops to do well after he goes. Hell, maybe he'll end up at the right team and have a super bowl run.