Is it Cooper's Fault?

ESisback

Reaction score
Exactly what I'm saying!! But in the end we need more Wilson's and Turner's

If we can get a difference maker in the trenches by dropping Coop, I’d be up for that. Lamb, Gallup, Wilson, Turner is still a better group than most, IMHO.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This team has basically two #1 wrs, you may not think so, but they do. You pay a guy 20 million a season you want him to get the ball, you have a guy you drafted in the first round he needs his receptions as well.

To solve this, what we really need is 1 #1 WR and some role players at receiver that are affected and can do what a Gallup does. These top guys are divas, I think we have to think when we criticize Coop, he didn't assemble this team.

Does he need to play better yes, does he need targets yes, i just think we have two guys that want the ball when it should be one and the other be a supporter, please give your thoughts..
I too think the team would be better off if they had a true number one and role guys. But the QB has to be able to find that number one even if he's double covered. Six years in and we still don't know if Dak is that type of QB. He's never been asked or forced to play that way. But trading Coop and re-signing Gallup might be just what this team needs.

plymkr

Reaction score
I hear you on some of that, but if a WR is on the field and in the route tree--which Cee Dee was all game and in single coverage--then that's not the responsibility of the OC to get the all to him.
True, then I would argue it falls on the QB. Just like Romo and Troy pointed out. I agree with Romo and Troy. But I agree with what your saying, CD should have gotten more touches in that game.

Aven8

Reaction score
Moore has a spread it around offense where no WR is going to put up Kupp like numbers. They should have never given Coop that money if they aren’t going to feature him. It would be like signing Zeke and than never running the ball.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Moore has a spread it around offense where no WR is going to put up Kupp like numbers. They should have never given Coop that money if they aren’t going to feature him. It would be like signing Zeke and than never running the ball.
You might be right about the money.
But Cooper is an extreme case regarding targets.
Todays NFL doesn't really feature a single WR anymore with all the 3-4 WR sets.

Even the extreme case of the Rams, the WR2 is averaging about 80 yards per game (so 1350 yard season pace) in his 3 playoff games.

The QB decides where to go with the ball.

Section446

Reaction score
I think Amari is frustrated not being targeted enough because he was open often.Dak either didn’t see him or was too scared to let it rip.Regardless, he’s not worth 20 million a year.
Yeah, ultimately, they've hitched their wagon to Dak, he's not going anywhere (for better or worse)... get rid of anyone he isn't comfortable with.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Jay Cutler
Desean Jac—
Sorry, I couldn’t finish that name with a straight face.

I do agree that Cooper takes plays off. I’ve seen him jogging around the field when he feels/knows the ball isn’t coming. It hurts because if the play breaks down then his laziness ends up limiting us to 10 men on the field.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Desean Jac—
Sorry, I couldn’t finish that name with a straight face.

I do agree that Cooper takes plays off. I’ve seen him jogging around the field when he feels/knows the ball isn’t coming. It hurts because if the play breaks down then his laziness ends up limiting us to 10 men on the field.

DeSean did seem like he wasn’t 100% effort all the time, but what I was responding to was someone saying Amari doesn’t look like he even knows he’s in a pivotal game sometimes when he’s standing on the sideline. He’ll just be staring off into oblivion with a blank face. Jay Cutler is the name that immediately comes to mind when I think of that

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak is scared by the rush, his accuracy, and his vision. no wr is getting the ball unless they are 5 yards of separation from the defender. hail dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If we can get a difference maker in the trenches by dropping Coop, I’d be up for that. Lamb, Gallup, Wilson, Turner is still a better group than most, IMHO.

:clap:There's obviously a disconnect between Dak/Coop and for $22m we cant afford a veteran (ctch 65.4%) 'work in progress' and whatever fans may think Dak's going nowhere (and KM's here to). .

Dak isnt renowned for his confidence on his accuracy, but I'd query Amari's tweet wanting more targets when he was catching less than 2/3rds of them. It's not a blame game, it's just a problem that has to be rectified. I'd go with your proposal, all of whom had a better %, more Pollard as RB/Slot runs.

I'll also agree that it's trenches first in the draft so we're looking at WR'er later on, like that S. Bama Jaylon Talbot who 's talent includes excellent variety of speed and acceleration which will hopefully create separation.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
dak is scared by the rush, his accuracy, and his vision. no wr is getting the ball unless they are 5 yards of separation from the defender. hail dak.

Thinking about it, is there a Combine measurement for WR ability to catch balls that are thrown behind them?:rolleyes:

An alternative strategy may be to sign 6'5 receivers and hope Dak can feel confident enough to throw in the zip code.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
DeSean did seem like he wasn’t 100% effort all the time, but what I was responding to was someone saying Amari doesn’t look like he even knows he’s in a pivotal game sometimes when he’s standing on the sideline. He’ll just be staring off into oblivion with a blank face. Jay Cutler is the name that immediately comes to mind when I think of that
Nah, I agree with you 100% man. Jay Cutler really did put a lot of people off because of that.

Fans want to see their players screaming all the time, otherwise they “lack emotion”.