Is it fair to say or even consider that Romo is a coach killer

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
The Media will forgive/forget all of that as they love to pile on JJ and big D. Sad part is we are giving them every reason to do so.

yup. he has a smart coach and a team that still plays hard. so he gets his passes.

all we have around here are a couple good players stuffed in a clown car with everyone else.

egn22

Reaction score
I really wish people would actually take games and put everything in context. Yes the D gave up 5 TDs. They are horrible. The issue is we know it , Garrett knows it...everyone knows it . So as a coach you come out and pound the ball and take clock off. They threw 3 straight times to start in 3rd and that set the tone. You can't just say most teams have 2 turnovers so it's not on the offense. The key is not giving the D a chance to suck. This is on everyone.

Starting at the top with the Head Coach.

birdwells1

Reaction score
The Media will forgive/forget all of that as they love to pile on JJ and big D. Sad part is we are giving them every reason to do so.

Brady has 3 superbowl wins in 5 appearances, that'll buy you some leeway.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
E
Starting at the top with the Head Coach.

Exactly!!He said Callahan called plays and Tony changed plays. So why is he HC if he can't say "Whoa Tony, we are pounding it no matter what."

sbark

Reaction score
Coach Killer........under this scheme of Garretts that has been in since before Wade was fired --maybe.

Romo needs and really needed last nite a scheme with lots of play action, lead draw (remember Emmitts years).....to keep a defence from dictating. Last nite Romo received the play options.......G.Bay threw 8+ in the box--which of course Romo then audibles out----the rest is history.

With a scheme based on lots of play action, delayed lead draws the defence may well bring 8 up if the run game is destroying them, but at least the offense is doing the dictating (as in the Aikman/Emmitt yrs).............I hate when the defense is forcing our offense with 8 on the play clock into a audible............

Our Offensive line isn't the Great Wall, but it was gashing G.Bay at 7+ a run, a simple halftime adjustment (which aikman said were overated-ask Flynn) into a base set with lots of play action and delayed draws would've been nice to see.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
True to an extent, however, of the 36 points how many were field goals? If touchdowns were scored, we are looking at different outcome. Heck, on less field goal would have made the difference.

I'm not giving the defense a pass because we all know it is going to be a shootout every week.

They had a running back that was possibly averaging 5 -6 yds a carry, and 23 point lead at halftime.. I don't care how the points are scored. You don't abandon the damn run.. Especially with as horrible as the defense is. Jesus.. It is inexcusable, just pathetic how ****** this damn coaching staff is.. How any of those bozos have a job today is friggin mind boggling..

Oh, I need Tuesday to come in a big way so I can forget about this BS and get ready for the next round next week.

Just so disgusted with this organization and coaching staff..

And, quiet it all now. NO. I am not going " find another team", blah blah blah. This is just venting and complete frustration.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I really wish people would actually take games and put everything in context. Yes the D gave up 5 TDs. They are horrible. The issue is we know it , Garrett knows it...everyone knows it . So as a coach you come out and pound the ball and take clock off. They threw 3 straight times to start in 3rd and that set the tone. You can't just say most teams have 2 turnovers so it's not on the offense. The key is not giving the D a chance to suck. This is on everyone.

And unfortunately us long time fans will hope for a miracle this year, when in reality we will once again around 500 at the end of the year.

2014 should be a year of big changes regarding how we position going forward. We thought it would take 3 years to get to be competitive, but it looks like another 2-3 with the right moves
before we can see any true stability.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
They had a running back that was possibly averaging 5 -6 yds a carry, and 23 point lead at halftime.. I don't care how the points are scored. You don't abandon the damn run.. Especially with as horrible as the defense is. Jesus.. It is inexcusable, just pathetic how ****** this damn coaching staff is.. How any of those bozos have a job today is friggin mind boggling..

Oh, I need Tuesday to come in a big way so I can forget about this BS and get ready for the next round next week.

Just so disgusted with this organization and coaching staff..

And, quiet it all now. NO. I am not going " find another team", blah blah blah. This is just venting and complete frustration.

I think Garrett & Callahan were going for a " show of domination" instead of we have the game in hand, keep the ball away from them and be happy with a W

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Yes, he is.

Unfortunately I think he would not have been had Parcells stuck around.

To me, he's very much like Barry Sanders as a QB. He'll make great plays and highlight reels, but he will make too many mind boggling plays that in the end, kill this team. The defense sucks, but it doesn't help that he wants to throw the ball 50 times a game and that running the ball seems to be a nuisance to him. And that we don't have a coach that would put an end to that.

So in the end, Garrett is just as much to blame as Wade was for their failure in Dallas. Less is more with Tony Romo. And in seven years Garrett and Romo have failed to realize that.

YR

Deep_South

Reaction score

Bill Callahan, who is famous for not running the ball, is calling the plays. Who put him in that position? The man with the 40 year old brain that is apparently secreted in a storage facility floating in formaldehyde.

PoetTree

Reaction score
Romo is the most talented choke-artist in NFL history. He is absolutely a coach-killer. But Garrett is also doing plenty to get himself killed, euphemistically speaking. I've been saying it for years...

Garrett and Romo are the two unavoidable problems this team has; failure wrapped in the illusion of talent.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I think Garrett & Callahan were going for a " show of domination" instead of we have the game in hand, keep the ball away from them and be happy with a W

Possible. And, I am all for that. But, on this day. they were dominating with the run. Play off the play action and go for the kill.....

In the fourth quarter.. Not give up on the run and become pass happy with a 23 pt lead going into the second half, going 3 and out and putting that horrible defense back on the field..

Jerry Jones is a Cowboys team killer, along with a fan killer..

Eddie

Reaction score

I agree. Instead of grinding the W out, they continually went for the kill shot ... which turned out to be under thrown long balls.

JBS

Reaction score
No QB is perfect and that is all to often what Romo is required to be.

YOu put Tom Brady here with Jerruh and company and everything else and I guarantee you that he is nowhere near as good as he is with a stable organization and great coaching with the pats.

he didnt have to be anywhere near perfect last night...he had a 26-3 lead...just dont blow it..and he blew it every which was imaginable

he lengthened the game by not running...normally id be ok w that...but we were running at will...7 second half rushing attempts is absolutely unacceptable

he threw 2 interceptions...he went for the home run on at lesat 2 different occasions when just a single was required to put an end to the game...

Romo screwed up...period...

did the defense suck...absolutely...horrible...but Romo didnt have to be the hero...he always wants to be the hero and go for the home run...take the darn single and its game over

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bill Parcells coached in Dallas for 4 seasons, which is the same amount of time he coached New England and 1 more year than he coached the Jets. Parcells was 65 when he left Dallas. The guy doesn't stick around anywhere for long outside of his time with the Giants. He was only in Miami for 3 seasons. Romo did not kill Parcells.

Wade Phillips sucks. He should have never been hired in the first place. He is a terrible head coach. Romo did not kill Phillips.

Coy

Reaction score
Romo = Wade and Garrett
Brady = Belichick
Manning = Dungy and Fox
Eli =Coughlin
Roethlisberger = Cowher and Tomlin
Rodgers = Macarthy
Flacco = Harbaugh

See a pattern here? Romo of course in not blameless, he´s made stupid mistakes in very important games but man I would have loved to see Romo playing for some of those guys.