Is it fair to say or even consider that Romo is a coach killer

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
who did he kill? Wade Phillips? the entire team quit on him...Red? the guy killed himself. he was/is in over his head and should have been fired coming into this season.

landroverking

Reaction score
Ditka on Mike and Mike just said Romo is a very good QB and put the loss on the D.

JPM

Reaction score
5 straight TD's by the Pack, so yes Romo is a coach killer.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Ditka on Mike and Mike just said Romo is a very good QB and put the loss on the D.

A voice of sanity and reason. Score 36 and you should win 90% of your games. Give up 5 straight TD's and you are in rare company defensively. We are playing with a preseason
3rd string, about to be cut squad in many respects. Its a wonder we are even competitive due to the O when it wakes up.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
thats because ditka is a smart man.

1-2 turnovers per game is pretty common in the nfl. it happens to everyone.

Especially when you are throwing 48 times, and abandoning the run game that is working.....

Even boy wonder 2x SB winner Eli is showing his vulnerability when his D doesn't bail him out.

burmafrd

Reaction score
No QB is perfect and that is all to often what Romo is required to be.

YOu put Tom Brady here with Jerruh and company and everything else and I guarantee you that he is nowhere near as good as he is with a stable organization and great coaching with the pats.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Especially when you are throwing 48 times, and abandoning the run game that is working.....

Even boy wonder 2x SB winner Eli is showing his vulnerability when his D doesn't bail him out.

yup...tom has 2 game losing INT throwing chokes this year as well.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Parcells would have got sick of Jerry and quit. Wade Phillips lost the whole team in a year Romo got injured. Garrett just sucks.

TVMan

Reaction score
Score 36 and you should win 90% of your games.

True to an extent, however, of the 36 points how many were field goals? If touchdowns were scored, we are looking at different outcome. Heck, on less field goal would have made the difference.

I'm not giving the defense a pass because we all know it is going to be a shootout every week.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
True to an extent, however, of the 36 points how many were field goals? If touchdowns were scored, we are looking at different outcome. Heck, on less field goal would have made the difference.

I'm not giving the defense a pass because we all know it is going to be a shootout every week.

Good point. I wasn't able to watch live, just follow on ESPN gamecast, and I had that some thought multiple times. Looked like we were moving, but not getting the 7 when it would have sealed the deal.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I really wish people would actually take games and put everything in context. Yes the D gave up 5 TDs. They are horrible. The issue is we know it , Garrett knows it...everyone knows it . So as a coach you come out and pound the ball and take clock off. They threw 3 straight times to start in 3rd and that set the tone. You can't just say most teams have 2 turnovers so it's not on the offense. The key is not giving the D a chance to suck. This is on everyone.