Is it just me or does Sam Williams look like Micah Parsons?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If Williams’s brings anywhere close to the same impact as Micah… we have hit the jackpot. I’m talking steal of the decade.

However, watching Sam play, he looks fast and agile… but not Micah Parsons fast and agile. I said it last offseason: we say often that someone looks faster than anyone else on the field. But Micah… he actually did look like he was moving at a different speed than all the other players. That kind of movement is rare. Like, really rare. Parsons is amazing.

I do think that Williams can be really good though.
I always trust your eye and appreciate when you share your thoughts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
otftgbcthx19ffvkwfcu.jpg
Micah and Sam do look like brothers!
:thumbup::flagwave:

Ken

Reaction score
On the field too, I hope !
I think they are closer than most would think.

Just saw this video posted nd it is very much in line with my evaluation of Williams after watching a lot of tape on him and the other DE prospects.

This guy just finally got around to watching him and thinks he is going to be a superstar. I agree...he thinks he was a top 15 player, I think he was the best DE in the draft...

Ken

Reaction score
If Williams’s brings anywhere close to the same impact as Micah… we have hit the jackpot. I’m talking steal of the decade.

However, watching Sam play, he looks fast and agile… but not Micah Parsons fast and agile. I said it last offseason: we say often that someone looks faster than anyone else on the field. But Micah… he actually did look like he was moving at a different speed than all the other players. That kind of movement is rare. Like, really rare. Parsons is amazing.

I do think that Williams can be really good though.
I have seen a few flashes in his play that is reminiscent of Micah with speed burst. However, it isn't nearly as consistent. Micah just has a burst all the time.

I don't know if it was a stamina thing for Williams because he was constantly on the field slugging it out with Tackles and Guards....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think they are closer than most would think.

Just saw this video posted nd it is very much in line with my evaluation of Williams after watching a lot of tape on him and the other DE prospects.

This guy just finally got around to watching him and thinks he is going to be a superstar. I agree...he thinks he was a top 15 player, I think he was the best DE in the draft...

I've been saying this about Sam Williams since the 2021 college season finished. I even voiced my opinion hoping the Cowboys would use the 24th overall 1st round pick on Sam Williams because I truly didn't believe Sam would last until the Cowboys 56th overall late 2nd round pick. Cowboys truly lucked out. Sam Williams is going to surprise so many people. Cowboys stole him late in the 2nd.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
I've been saying this about Sam Williams since the 2021 college season finished. I even voiced my opinion hoping the Cowboys would use the 24th overall 1st round pick on Sam Williams because I truly didn't believe Sam would last until the Cowboys 56th overall late 2nd round pick. Cowboys truly lucked out. Sam Williams is going to surprise so many people. Cowboys stole him late in the 2nd.
I never watched him until we took him. I only had what i heard the draft show talk about him and that he was a one trick pony.

Then i dove into his tape and was amazed. Total steal as long as the off the field stiff doesn't bite us.