Is it odd that D-Law hasn't spoken to Kneeland yet?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Every January the gym is full of newbies who've made
the "new year new me" resolution. By March, nearly all
of them are gone. So, no need to introduce yourself
until April-May.
My point is, some people (most?) are not going to
offer friendship in a place that requires self commitment
until you've proven you're the real deal.

Reactions: CWR

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
So players don't reach out to rookies???? This doesn't happen?
Did I say it doesn't happen? I said it isn't odd that D-Law didn't reach out to this kid because there's no obligation to do so. Stop putting words in my mouth.

CWR

Reaction score
So players don't reach out to rookies???? This doesn't happen?
I actually don't think on a whole players make an effort to reach out to rookies before camp. The exception would be really high profile rookies who are expected to come in to the league and produce immediately, like a qb reaching out to a star receiver.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I saw the interview with Kneeland saying he sent a request to the social media account for D-law, but he never responded. Is he that busy (which is understandable he has a life too), or could it be he wants to get to know him better first when he arrives in town?

Could we spin in another way and say "hey this is my replacement, i'm not ready to speak with him yet???" Or if it was a more "known" player drafted, would he have reached out to sooner (ex Jared Verse/Dallas Turner) Please give your thoughts. I'm sure Micah would have reached out quickly too, guys are probably like "who is this kid!??" lol
Always looking for something to ***** about. You’re not alone. Are you proud?

plasticman

Reaction score
Isn't it rather odd that Lawrence is the 2nd highest cap hit this season for the Cowboys at $19,856,400?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Isn't it rather odd that Lawrence is the 2nd highest cap hit this season for the Cowboys at $19,856,400?
Considering he renegotiated in 2022, taking a reasonable three-year deal, I don't think it is. It's just the way they did the deal to get cap relief the first two years.

I will be surprised, though, if we re-sign him next year at age 33 unless he practically wants to play for free.

plasticman

Reaction score
Considering he renegotiated in 2022, taking a reasonable three-year deal, I don't think it is. It's just the way they did the deal to get cap relief the first two years.

I will be surprised, though, if we re-sign him next year at age 33 unless he practically wants to play for free.
You don't think, in the back D-Laws mind, that if Kneeland pulls a Parsons than management is going to wonder why they need to spend 20 million on a 32 year old?

We were looking for reason why he wouldn't have communicated with Kneeland by now, and I gotta say, I think I have a pretty strong candidate here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I saw the interview with Kneeland saying he sent a request to the social media account for D-law, but he never responded. Is he that busy (which is understandable he has a life too), or could it be he wants to get to know him better first when he arrives in town?

Could we spin in another way and say "hey this is my replacement, i'm not ready to speak with him yet???" Or if it was a more "known" player drafted, would he have reached out to sooner (ex Jared Verse/Dallas Turner) Please give your thoughts. I'm sure Micah would have reached out quickly too, guys are probably like "who is this kid!??" lol
Maybe kneeland slaped him on the but saying Hot Boiiii! And DFlaw took it personal.

Who knows

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't see the importance of Lawrence talking to the rookie. Some leaders lead by example. So if the rookie wants to benefit from him, he needs to emulate how he goes about his business. Monkey see, monkey do.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of the guys maybe aren't happy with the changes in coaching and may seem a little distant until OTAs

shabazz

Reaction score

These things can vary on position. Veteran Qbs will always reach out to position guys drafted high like WR, LT a C.......the other positional players seldom reach out to draftee unless there's a personal bond or same alma mater.

However in this day and age it's more likely to happen than in the past......the pecking order and customs were more rigid

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
These things can vary on position. Veteran Qbs will always reach out to position guys drafted high like WR, LT a C.......the other positional players seldom reach out to draftee unless there's a personal bond or same alma mater.

However in this day and age it's more likely to happen than in the past......the pecking order and customs were more rigid
Thanks for understanding what happens in the league!! People think i'm making this stuff up!

shabazz

Reaction score
Thanks for understanding what happens in the league!! People think i'm making this stuff up!
It's well documented by former players.......things have definitely lightened up though especially with social media making it so damn easy to do.