Video: Is it possible McCarthy is One and Done?

reddyuta

Reaction score
what the heck does he bring to the table? he is not running his offense here and his Defense is the worst in the NFL era.Garrett atleast had his stupid process and his players played hard for him,now the same players are just loafing around and making fans pull their hair out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, Mike will get a mulligan because of the pandemic. By the time Training Camp comes around again, the pandemic should no longer be an excuse and this team will get the full-blown MM treatment. No excuses. High expectations, Expectations with teeth.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike Fisher for SI talks about McCarthy's future in Dallas.

At this point I think Big Mike needs to call the plays. He needs to get to the bottom of the problems.

At least on offense which now exceeds the defense in being disconnected with Dak gone.

Call the Zeke don't fumble play...

doomsday808

Reaction score
Injuries and a covid season will be taken into account. No, he will be here next year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Big mike, Nolan, Philbin, and both DB coaches need to be fired.

this has been a disaster.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hmmm..

I think a lot of the playcalling when Dak was around again like last year..

was against defenses that had 14-21 PT leads.

It creates excitement for TV but we are losing.

Zeke was still predictably running on first down every series and getting stuffed.

This is Moore and the other team playing to let us run out the clock.

We all know we got very lucky in both our wins and otherwise could be 0-6.

Moore has a lot of weapons but now with Dalton..

everything has changed.

Can Moore adjust to work with Dalton?

I hope so.

Last season, there was sometimes too much dogged ineffectual running with Zeke. Cost us some games.

But I think most of us thought that was Garrett Ball. It is what *he* would often do.

Moore's relative influence was more first down passing, more motion, more quick hitting plays, more deep shots. Which most of us wanted.

This year, without the influence of the Red Menace, I'm not seeing a lot to complain about on the offensive play calling. Yet people complain.

Dalton threw 54 times. The only change we've had under Dalton is even more turnovers from the QB and the RB, and poorer execution from the QB. Maybe a little more max protect called, but that seems right given the injuries on the oline and a new QB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
McCarthy won't be one and done, the jones have a way of being patient with their HCs even to a fault. Dave Campo, ..Chan Gailey, Wade Phillips,
jason garrett

and still remember that this is a SB championship HC to his resume and credentials.

But i do hope that they pressure MM to make impact changes with his defense. Utter ridiculous to be NFL record fo worse defense within first 6 games in history of NFL . ..

There's little reason to be married to MM. MM chose his DC. It's on MM to manage Nolan to fix it. We keep seeing incompetent, unmotivated play. Take the guys playing like that out.

They got rid of Carr, and kept Worley. My money is on Carr being the better player. Neither incompetent, nor unmotivated. Yet he's gone, and Worley is still here blowing coverages. And Thompson. And Wilson.

Jaylon looks like a turd. Play the young guys.

Nolan took a step forward playing Hamilton. With LVE and Lee coming back, we should see more of them, and a lot less of Jaylon.

It's also on the QB Whisperer to get Dalton going on offense. Dalton is not a bum. It's fair to expect some required ramp up time for him. But not the full season.

Some of that is just the defense folding, forcing the offense to play from behind. I'd play with the long view here. We need improved execution on the offense more than we need to take the minimal chance that we can recover from massive deficits. Just get the offense executing. Get Dalton executing. Fight the war, not the battle.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Jerry is dumb enough to do it. He will bring in Mr. Defense Lincoln Riley next. Full arena league then.

quickccc

Reaction score
There's little reason to be married to MM. MM chose his DC. It's on MM to manage Nolan to fix it. We keep seeing incompetent, unmotivated play. Take the guys playing like that out.

They got rid of Carr, and kept Worley. My money is on Carr being the better player. Neither incompetent, nor unmotivated. Yet he's gone, and Worley is still here blowing coverages. And Thompson. And Wilson.

Jaylon looks like a turd. Play the young guys.

Nolan took a step forward playing Hamilton. With LVE and Lee coming back, we should see more of them, and a lot less of Jaylon.

It's also on the QB Whisperer to get Dalton going on offense. Dalton is not a bum. It's fair to expect some required ramp up time for him. But not the full season.

Some of that is just the defense folding, forcing the offense to play from behind. I'd play with the long view here. We need improved execution on the offense more than we need to take the minimal chance that we can recover from massive deficits. Just get the offense executing. Get Dalton executing. Fight the war, not the battle.

the Jaylon removal wont happen unless ...until ...we get a new DC and the coaches that not only think he is too much of a liability .. but can/have to convince upper management that he is a liability that we have to move on.

Maybe in the Jones' minds they may continue to think he can be a factor --under the right coaches,. ..continue to think he can be salvaged.

- Dalton " should" be a quality backup, but just as the case when he was a starter in Cincy, he has to play within his ability and limitations.
He has to play a smart, savvy game but his competitiveness and gambling aura may get him into trouble ..and turnovers when he tries to
be John Elway and fit his loafing spirals into tight quarters and traffic, the deeper he tries to push the ball, the more trouble he gets into with DBs
that can jump his passes, and he doesn't appear to spot and see all that he should be seeing..and reacting to.

- i'll willing to bet Moore is gonna keep designing plays around the line to lessen the burden of Dalton feeling the need to exert himself more.
Bubble screens, jet sweeps, quick swing passes to RBs, ..but the vertical pass game won't be anywhere to the level it was when Dak was in the game.

quickccc

Reaction score
Big mike, Nolan, Philbin, and both DB coaches need to be fired.

this has been a disaster.

i'm waiting for MM to adjust - in game, before a game, adjust to how thsi team coaches...mis-coaches , adjust to players, promote of players, bench of players,..add or change up in offense, defense or special teams ..

i need to know what makes MM special, what makes him supposedly a top notch HC, why he was supposedly a stand out obvious HC hire
. ..can't just hang on a one wonder year SB success and an elite HOF quarterback

And about all the internal feuding,..what was supposed to be purpose of Asst. HC Ron Davis ? Is his role consist of player-consultant that addressed locker room turmoil and concerns ?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
- i'll willing to bet Moore is gonna keep designing plays around the line to lessen the burden of Dalton feeling the need to exert himself more.
Bubble screens, jet sweeps, quick swing passes to RBs, ..but the vertical pass game won't be anywhere to the level it was when Dak was in the game.

When teams dare you to beat them over the top and you don't try, you tend to get stomped.

The short stuff is easier, so they take it away until you prove you can beat them over the top.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
the Jaylon removal wont happen unless ...until ...we get a new DC and the coaches that not only think he is too much of a liability .. but can/have to convince upper management that he is a liability that we have to move on.

Maybe in the Jones' minds they may continue to think he can be a factor --under the right coaches,. ..continue to think he can be salvaged.
A big deal for Haley to come out saying that Jaylon's leg ain't right. There's been weird radio silence on this since Jaylon clearly regressed last year.

Nolan came out defending his scheme. I don't see that he has much to lose by trying to sit guys who are failing. He doesn't want to take the fall for this historical failure either.