Is it time for a new sub-zone for this type of thread?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That idea was taken from CZ as we created several player/coach Zone forums over in the past such as Quincy Carter Zone, T.O. Zone, Tony Romo Zone, etc. and others.

The Overtime Zone serves that purpose now but when it's the off-season, dead horse topics are going to get posted and reposted and moving all of them to another forum is really pointless as its not like they are stealing thread space away from other threads because ti's the slow period of the year.

The best, IMO, was when you had the zone about the Front Office and Coaching. All whining about Jerry, etc. went there; whereas, it doesn't seem to automatically go to the overtime zone.

I don't mind pointless new threads about Dak. It's the derailing of other threads with Dak or Jerry posts that annoy the heck out of me.

It would be awesome if some threads in the main forum could be marked as Legit Football Discussion Only where there was no tolerance for trolling or whining about Jerry or Dak. One can dream...

kskboys

Reaction score
The best, IMO, was when you had the zone about the Front Office and Coaching. All whining about Jerry, etc. went there; whereas, it doesn't seem to automatically go to the overtime zone.

I don't mind pointless new threads about Dak. It's the derailing of other threads with Dak or Jerry posts that annoy the heck out of me.

It would be awesome if some threads in the main forum could be marked as Legit Football Discussion Only where there was no tolerance for trolling or whining about Jerry or Dak. One can dream...
If you make a Dak forum, all Dak comments could be contained and not allowed on the main forum. That's how it works, Walker. You would get your wish.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I had forgotten about that forum :D

I think there are just too many topics this happens with at various times now which is why I added the Overtime Zone. Otherwise, we would have to add several new Zones.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had forgotten about that forum :D

I think there are just too many topics this happens with at various times now which is why I added the Overtime Zone. Otherwise, we would have to add several new Zones.

CZ is 1000x better than any past Cowboys message boards regardless. I've seen what happens with un-moderated or under-moderated forums. It's not pretty.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CZ is 1000x better than any past Cowboys message boards regardless. I've seen what happens with un-moderated or under-moderated forums. It's not pretty.
I agree, but I also understand the frustration users have with site moderation. I know that if I were a regular user here, I would have been benched several times over the years :D

The moderation line will always be too strict or too soft for some, but as long as there are people on both sides complaining, we must be doing something right.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You know those "Dot" races they have at baseball games on the displays...

Maybe we could have 2 new forums and put them in competition for the most threads.

New Forum 1: @Bobhaze and @Redball Express threads.

New Forum 2: Dak threads.

Sorry Bob, I'm bored. We need real football activities to start...
I am sorry..

47,000 posts the last time I looked at your totals..

I think you are by far one of the leading posters around here.

If numbers could win discussions..

Whew..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep and that was the undoing in DC.com.

The strength of this Cowboys forum is the on hands owner / administrator.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the prevalence of posters obsessing over everything Prescott, there would be damned few of us in the Fan Zone.

Every girlfriend or wife, both if they're on speaking terms, should be thankful that a site like this exists so their man can go bore the hell out of likeminded man worshippers and not waste her hair and nail time listening to this drivel. Go ahead, climb into bed with those Dakstats and try that out as foreplay, whisper sweet completion %'s into her ear and woo her with your QB rankings.

I thought the Romomania was bad on the old DC.com but this has surpassed that and after eons of the arguing the only new thing in the last few months was his birthday party spread and trying to guess the guest count during the lock down.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With the prevalence of posters obsessing over everything Prescott, there would be damned few of us in the Fan Zone.

Every girlfriend or wife, both if they're on speaking terms, should be thankful that a site like this exists so their man can go bore the hell out of likeminded man worshippers and not waste her hair and nail time listening to this drivel. Go ahead, climb into bed with those Dakstats and try that out as foreplay, whisper sweet completion %'s into her ear and woo her with your QB rankings.

I thought the Romomania was bad on the old DC.com but this has surpassed that and after eons of the arguing the only new thing in the last few months was his birthday party spread and trying to guess the guest count during the lock down.
Naaaa... it hasnt reached the Romo level cause on the official Cowboys site it attracted all of the opposing and former disgruntled fans who’d just drive by especially after a loss or any big event.

Cant just drive by on this site and post immediately like after a game when the onslaughts would begin. This site is set up so it takes time for you to be able to post. Most of those opposing fans type trolls don’t have patience to wait a few days to gain privilege to post.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As of a few minutes ago, there are no less than 10 threads about Dak Prescott on the first page in this sub-forum known as the “Fan Zone”. Sometimes, it seems to me that most of the threads are saying the same things over and over. Maybe that will change once the season starts.

I’m all for open, respectful discussions about all things Cowboys, but sometimes it seems like having a separate category just for Dak threads would be a help in sorting some of the traffic. It would allow all the Dak discussion a fan could possibly want without completely dominating the general “Fan Zone” sub-forum. At the old Cowboys Forum run by the team, there was eventually a Tony Romo forum because of all the Romo threads. (I actually like the Zone much better for what it’s worth)

I know this has been suggested before and I’m sure our mods have enough on their hands to manage what we already have. But maybe having a “Dak Zone” would help with thread traffic.

Thoughts?
No.