Is it time to stop the running back by committee approach?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas, not establishing the running game, is not due to RB talent necessarily. It is the playcalling and blocking. No consistency in the running game would even lessen a better back. The whole offense is pedestrian and predictable.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Definitely ditch the RB by committee, I just don’t agree on the back you selected. Give Zeke the ball 20+ times and see what happens. If he bombs, so be it, but he’s an RB that needs carries and the chance to wear down the defense. Can he still do it? He certainly can’t getting 6-8 carries/game. I want to see how he runs in the second half after getting 10-12 carries in the first half. He’s still a load to bring down. It’s okay if you don’t agree, I’d just like to see them try it.
So would I but McCarthy aint interested in playin that brand of football so I've pretty much given up on seeing it. I'll never forget that game a few years ago when Henry entered the 4th quarter with like 25 yards on 23 carries and the announcers were gushing about what a good job the Seahawks had done on him. Then on his next carry he took one like 40 yards to the house which tied the game up and he subsequently won the game with a 50+ yard house call. People talk about how much better we would be with Henry.. I think he already had a similar game this season with the Ravens.. 20 carries of nothin and then BOOM! Off to the races. When was the last time any of our coaches gave a back the ball 20+ times when he was getting 1.1 ypc all game? The answer is simple.. never.. We don't do it hence having Henry, Emmitt, Jim Brown or Walter Payton wouldn't matter because this staff refuses to stay with the run if it's not getting at least 5 yards a pop. It is what it is.. and it aint changin unless and until we change coaches.