Is it too much to ask for a traditional defense with real linebackers?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Backers are what this defense is missing. They ALL stink. Below JAGS, IMO.
That’s really just it. They have failed miserably at drafting linebackers recently.

Micah was the only good one but he got moved to DE for obvious reasons.

LVE, Jaylon, Damone Clark, Jabril Cox, etc etc.

When’s the last time they drafted a really good linebacker who had longevity? Anthony Hitchen? And even he wasn’t a stud but was solid.

Sean Lee?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Jethro don't invest on linebackers. Unless they dropped because of a serious injury.

Only HOFer we drafted at LB in last 20 years, they turned into a DE.
Man I just tried to make the same point. This is exactly it. We haven’t drafted a great linebacker in a long time. Sean Lee was the last 14 years ago this year!

btgboys41

Reaction score
Yes it’s too much to ask. You will get undersized D tackles and LBs and like it.
When Diggs is back I’m sure Bland will start at Middle LB.

Mr_437

Reaction score
What's sad is they were running a 3-4 defense earlier in the season then just went basic 4-2-5 the rest of the way for the most part.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
I remember Bill Parcells quote about linebackers..."I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones. Don't worry about it.". Of course our Part Time Cowboob GM, Jerry Jones, thinks he is smarter than the rest of the league, and continues to do things his way, as we are quickly approaching 30 years without even sniffing a Lombardi.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I don't see a problem lol

Is this the same lineup that Louis Reddick from ESPN had also shown from a different angle or did this incoherent DC run this same lineup again? Look at the player on the right, he looks lost as h—-. I bet the Pack players were saying this is as easy as taking candy from a baby. So wonder there back went for 130 yards along.

Reactions: Ken

kskboys

Reaction score
I remember Bill Parcells quote about linebackers..."I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones. Don't worry about it.". Of course our Part Time Cowboob GM, Jerry Jones, thinks he is smarter than the rest of the league, and continues to do things his way, as we are quickly approaching 30 years without even sniffing a Lombardi.
We don' need no stinkin' DT's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!