Is it too much to ask for a traditional defense with real linebackers?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe we can convert one of them wr's to lb. dan likes undersized guys and just think of the speed he would have. :D *turns hat backward to look cool like dan*

fivetwos

Reaction score
You’ve always gotta leave gaping holes that good coaches can exploit. Part of the plan.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I remember Bill Parcells quote about linebackers..."I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones. Don't worry about it.". Of course our Part Time Cowboob GM, Jerry Jones, thinks he is smarter than the rest of the league, and continues to do things his way, as we are quickly approaching 30 years without even sniffing a Lombardi.

Lol, the best quote coach ever. Love him

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a bunch of midgets running around trying to protect the middle of the field.
This is true............our new prospects. :muttley:
midget-balljpg-4e45659b6b7859c1_large.jpg

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
One FA and one draft pick at least. Overshown returning.

Then move the safeties back to safety. Add a DT. We have to fix the run defense.
They are not trying to stop the run, it's all lip service. Those options that you mentioned are/were easy to obtain without killing the salary cap too. They've been self sabotaging for at least the last 25 years. Fans aren't boycotting fast enough though.

Aven8

Reaction score
If Jeff Heath would have played for DQ he would have been our MLB…..

kskboys

Reaction score
Hindsight is easy.
Man, you are really not paying attention. There is absolutely no hindsight involved. I and several others were screaming for these proposed upgrades. You should think before making such wild erroneous accusations. Really puts you in a negative light.

Big_D

Reaction score
They seem to have this mindset that their safeties or tweeners can step in and play LB. They draft for this. It’s mind numbing stuff when you’re constantly getting run over. If they don’t have more than LVE at ILB heading into next season.. something really wrong here. I want a legit middle LB better than vander esch. Then you’ll have a little freedom to move the tweeners around.

Creeper

Reaction score
It isn't that they didn't want traditional linebackers, they just got caught short with the injuries to Overshown and LVE.
I disagree. They let Evans and Harper go when they were already thin at LB. I think they really believed that had something in Bell at LB. And they did at first. That was until teams started bullying our defense and taking advantage of teh size, and inexperience, of our second level players. Evan was supposed to be a liability in coverage, but much better against the run. He hardly played when they had him.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Yes you nailed it on the head.
This is the style Quinn desires.
The type that is prone to failure at the worst times.
Did the Lions not just walk down the field at the end of the game? The Jaguars last year?
Our D has no juice and is gassed by the end of the game. Too much time on the field.
We have to hope for a turnover to seal games. That is a statistically irresponsible defense.
Tom Brady is snickering somewhere.