Is Jerry sending a smoke screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Typical cowboys, when trying to get a deal done, Jerry has to make headlines. Things were going well, we made quiet moves, but all of a sudden the typical BOOM from the Cowboys front office. Jerry not consulting with Dak over Lance, I see BIG NEWS coming to somehow squash the drama.

I don't know why it has to be this way, I expect a new Dak deal to get done soon. Jerry will make it seem like there was never an issue, but he has to create one first.

If I'm wrong, then there's much more to talk about. But so far, we have a bad way of negotiating! Please give your thoughts

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you see this?

Unless Dak performs 5 stars this coming season and we make at least the NFCCG Dak is following Zeke as a pre-June 1st 2024 cut.
I mean what has Dak done to warrant another massive extension?
Folks come back to planet Earth, please!!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Typical cowboys, when trying to get a deal done, Jerry has to make headlines. Things were going well, we made quiet moves, but all of a sudden the typical BOOM from the Cowboys front office. Jerry not consulting with Dak over Lance, I see BIG NEWS coming to somehow squash the drama.

I don't know why it has to be this way, I expect a new Dak deal to get done soon. Jerry will make it seem like there was never an issue, but he has to create one first.

If I'm wrong, then there's much more to talk about. But so far, we have a bad way of negotiating! Please give your thoughts
Not at all, he responds respectfully to media inquiries without compromising private negotiation aspects in the actual contract negotiations. That's not glory hunting by Jerry.

There were, as to the negotiations, other teams in the arena at that time, and Jerry didn't want to miss a valid opportunity. He stayed on the phone once they started for real. He already had been through his staff's evaluations on the player and was up to date.

Conflict is purely media and fan created. If Dak Prescott, after his own career development, is listen to the media, he needs to hire a game time accountant and just study his money flow...(not happening)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

Why would anyone expect a team to consult with a player before trading a 4th round pick?

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Why spend another 200 million on Dak?

That would be close to half a billion in total salary?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Do you see this?

Unless Dak performs 5 stars this coming season and we make at least the NFCCG Dak is following Zeke as a pre-June 1st 2024 cut.

The head coach and rest of staff is already invested to a new scheme featuring Dak Prescott. His head should be, at year four, on the current line as well. This is where the influence of Jerry as GM does matter. The depth of quality talent does matter as it has strong projection.

A couple of high priced trades around the position are a possibility, even a three team trade route.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Do you see this?

Dak fans think this is fake news.

Dak fans shaking in their slippers.

ESisback

Reaction score

1)ANYTHING the Cowboys do makes headlines. “Jerry has JW Blue with his eggs and toast!” “Jerry insists he’s regular!” “Jerry Jones watches Star Trek! What a nerd!”
2)Teams make deals all the time without asking for players’ permission.
3)If there’s ANY kind of failure or negative events this year, the epic overreaction is gonna make being a Cowboy fan miserable.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If a deal was going to happen, it would have been done by now.

I was firmly told by some the Dak deal was as good as done by now. What happened?
It's called time lines and not fan impatience to continue up with a blame.

There have been intense activity for quite a while and the picture of roster is still questionable as to potential needs.

There have been some key contracts signed this off season already.

What, we don't understand budgets and having to match increases in revenue? Ever have a home contract that affected retention rights?

Oh, that is just Jerry and Dak stupidity, huh....?

There is a lot still going on and the Giants game coming up and a week by week life about to come down the chute.

This is where techniques and observation depth will be made for Lance...starting now. That have anything to do with a picture. Dang, I keep on forgetting it's instead an age thingy an upon the family now instead...

Crap! We're into a new season and things will be worked out on time lines.

Momentums dominate the view now. Go Cowboys! :starspin:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Stop reading so much that’s not there into things. Dallas has been trying to draft a talented young QB for several years but it has never aligned in the draft. They were not looking for 6th and 7th round guys. So one day San Fran calls to talk about Trey Lance and the asking price is a mid round pick. Jerry made the deal right then and there. He didn’t want to hang up without a deal because he knew SF was calling around and he would lose the chance if he wasted time or tried to play hardball. There was no time to talk to anyone and still get the type of QB they had been looking for. It’s that simple. It was a phone call and Jerry wanted it done before hanging up. He already knew McCarthy and the personnel guys were on board with getting a young talented QB and they had a 2nd round grade on Lance coming out. It was a no brainer chance and he took it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is nervous talk.

You Dak fans can’t back track now.

It’s been Dak over team for 7 years running.
You is second person and for intended insult...uh, the lips are moving again. Try a discussion. That instead of making up an unending series of excuses. Try contributing and not JUST insulting. Exactly what are Dak's stats this year? :popcorn:

Momentum adjustments are important now...not decade old beefs.

Loso86

Reaction score

Jerry has the upper hand especially if Lance shows ANY of his potential....sorry

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You is second person and for intended insult...uh, the lips are moving again. Try a discussion. That instead of making up an unending series of excuses. Try contributing and not JUST insulting. Exactly what are Dak's stats this year? :popcorn:
We want Lance! We want Lance! We want Lance!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Smoke screen to CD. Good idea. That should be in lances package of 8-10 plays as they bring him along slowly and get him game reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.