Is Jerry starting to see?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Due to Jason's dad being in coaching football Jason has been in and around many of the best coaches in the NFL literally his entire life, he and Troy even spent a week at Jimmy's place in Key West when he was first named HC.

Garrett has held numerous coaching gigs in the NFL fron QB coach, OC, and 8 years as HC. With many of his in game decisions we've seen, it's like he just isn't grasping the game.

I think Jerry's friendship with his dad he's trying to show loyalty to Jason....at a high cost. I don't remember a time when Jerry has publically questioned Jason's dicisions until the ridiculous 4th and one decision lst night.......MAYBE Jerry is finally seeing the light.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Due to Jason's dad being in coaching football Jason has been in and around many of the best coaches in the NFL literally his entire life, he and Troy even spent a week at Jimmy's place in Key West when he was first named HC.

Garrett has held numerous coaching gigs in the NFL fron QB coach, OC, and 8 years as HC. With many of his in game decisions we've seen, it's like he just isn't grasping the game.

I think Jerry's friendship with his dad he's trying to show loyalty to Jason....at a high cost. I don't remember a time when Jerry has publically questioned Jason's dicisions until the ridiculous 4th and one decision lst night.......MAYBE Jerry is finally seeing the light.
Could it be a spotlight? Something to narrow it down, for his benefit you know.

ghst187

Reaction score
[QUOTE="cowboy_ron, post: 8533351, With many of his in game decisions we've seen, it's like he just isn't grasping the game.
[/QUOTE]

Yep this! It’s obvious. Seriously see teenage Madden players manage games better

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

No. He's just becoming more & more senile with each passing day.

waldoputty

Reaction score

unfortunately jj has previously disagreed with decisions before but no joy.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best we can hope for is his Michael Jackson Man in the Mirror routine in the offseason that he likes to pull out every 4 or 5 years. It's usually accompanied by a reference of his poorer days.

Then we get no significant changes whatsoever and try the same thing all over again another year.

There are distinct advantages to this. Trust me on that.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry will find a shred of light to cling to in defense of Garrett while trowing shade on any outside criticism.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has in reasons to keep Garrett here for the 2019 season.
And then another one will pop up next off season to keep him for the 2020 season. His contract year I believe. Then the will get lucky, go 10-6, make the playoffs, lose.
and Jerry will say, we are building upon this, as give Garrett a 5 year contract.

It will happen.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We are losing games we should win— the fanbase is calling for action— the product on the field speaks for itself.

JJ publicly questioning Garrett’s decision making is a positive sign that he is uncomfortable with what is unfolding.

Doesn’t mean anything as the next W will of course reinforce JJ that Garrett is great and Dak is a HOFer— but if we lose badly and end up 6-10 or worse, I believe there is an outside chance at a house cleaning.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
We are losing games we should win— the fanbase is calling for action— the product on the field speaks for itself.

JJ publicly questioning Garrett’s decision making is a positive sign that he is uncomfortable with what is unfolding.

Doesn’t mean anything as the next W will of course reinforce JJ that Garrett is great and Dak is a HOFer— but if we lose badly and end up 6-10 or worse, I believe there is an outside chance at a house cleaning.
Good post.

cern

Reaction score

might be the little fellow who cleans his glasses is leaving a film on them.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Jerry has in reasons to keep Garrett here for the 2019 season.
And then another one will pop up next off season to keep him for the 2020 season. His contract year I believe. Then the will get lucky, go 10-6, make the playoffs, lose.
and Jerry will say, we are building upon this, as give Garrett a 5 year contract.

It will happen.

I thought this was the last year of Garrett's contract.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Im actually proud of the coaching staff for getting guys like Swaim, jarwin and gathers involved. they also used zeke a little in the passing game. They moved Austin around. Austin should have caught that ball, even though it was high. when youre a receiver and it hits both hands like it did. You have to come down with it. dak did throw it kind of hard. They should have went for the fourth and one and they should have kicked it from 64 yards instead of doing that hail mary.. the coaches had alot of good especially the defense. this loss was huge because that was a team we should have beat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Throughout Jerry's tenure as GM, things have had to be blatantly glaringly obvious for Jerry to notice them. From our crapp OL in 09/10 to our DL falling apart around 12, Jerry didn't even notice until it was completely FUBAR.

So, no, I doubt if he'll notice yet. We prolly need to go 4-12 at best for Jerry to notice.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's a possible hint that Garrett could be fired.

Jerry's loyalty to Garrett has nothing to do with with Garrett's Dad. It's all about Jerry proving that he was correct to hire Garrett and develop him into an NFL Head Coach.

Jerry loved Dave Campo more than Jim Garrett. If he was going keep a coach for personal reasons, Campo would still be here.

Stephen would push to dump Garrett except Stephen will be reluctant to pay a coach for not coaching (Garrett is under contract until the end of the 2019 season. Same with Marinelli and Linehan).

yimyammer

Reaction score
The best we can hope for is his Michael Jackson Man in the Mirror routine in the offseason that he likes to pull out every 4 or 5 years. It's usually accompanied by a reference of his poorer days.

Then we get no significant changes whatsoever and try the same thing all over again another year.

There are distinct advantages to this. Trust me on that.

February 26, 1989:

Jerry Jones:

"There's no way in the world that with my enthusiasm and love for what I'm getting ready to do, and the kind of price I'm paying, that I can look in the mirror if I don't plan to be a part of everything. I want to understand that everyone associated with it is giving it everything that they can do.'

maybe its time for a new mirror

links18

Reaction score
Jerry had to walk around on eggshells for four seasons when Parcells was here (although he still did his best to undermine him, signing players Parcells didn't want). He doesn't want to do that again. He wants to be comfortable sitting around the table with the coaching staff like he knows what he is doing examining that's week's game. He'll probably enjoy doing it this week, talking about how we should have gone for it on 4th down (he'd be right) to steal a game. He can't do that with a real coach.