Is Jerry starting to see?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Due to Jason's dad being in coaching football Jason has been in and around many of the best coaches in the NFL literally his entire life, he and Troy even spent a week at Jimmy's place in Key West when he was first named HC.

Garrett has held numerous coaching gigs in the NFL fron QB coach, OC, and 8 years as HC. With many of his in game decisions we've seen, it's like he just isn't grasping the game.

I think Jerry's friendship with his dad he's trying to show loyalty to Jason....at a high cost. I don't remember a time when Jerry has publically questioned Jason's dicisions until the ridiculous 4th and one decision lst night.......MAYBE Jerry is finally seeing the light.

He's held numerous jobs? He was a failure as an OC in Miami before Jerry handed him the keys to the Cowboys offense which had mixed results, the good of which largely came from Romo being Romo. Then, even tho the offense was really just OK, they made him HC. He hasn't had numerous jobs, unless you count the handies he must be giving Jerry under the table.

Praxit

Reaction score
...By the time Jerry gets it, Lee, Crawford, Martin etc.. will be gone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
even loyalty has its limits with JERRY. Winning matters still. Garrett is clearly on his way out.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry saw the writing on the wall when he had to take play calling duties away several years back.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Then we get no significant changes whatsoever

What?????!!!

We got rid of Derek Dooley and brought in Sanjay fricken Lal! Pretty significant if you ask me.
LalWRCoach.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry hates losing to the Texans for some reason in fact he said he cried when we lost there the very first time they opened....
in state rivalry and bragging rights...that's why.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im actually proud of the coaching staff for getting guys like Swaim, jarwin and gathers involved. they also used zeke a little in the passing game. They moved Austin around. Austin should have caught that ball, even though it was high. when youre a receiver and it hits both hands like it did. You have to come down with it. dak did throw it kind of hard. They should have went for the fourth and one and they should have kicked it from 64 yards instead of doing that hail mary.. the coaches had alot of good especially the defense. this loss was huge because that was a team we should have beat.
I never understand the "you have to catch that" stuff. No, you don't have to do anything. If you're a great receiver, you'll catch virtually all of those and a whole bunch of other things besides. If you're a good receiver, you'll catch most of those. If you're a mediocre receiver, you'll fail to catch a lot of those. And if you're a bad receiver, you'll miss those and a bunch of other passes will clang off your hands. (Yes, this is oversimplified. There can be bad receivers with great hands who run terrible routes, etc.) Austin didn't catch that ball because he's not a particularly good receiver.

Also, it would have been a 71-yard FG, not 64.

Rayman70

Reaction score
guarantee you he has called the newly retired Bob Stoops to inquire about his availability. He loves to dip into that Oklahoma market lol. Not kidding tho. Bob Stoops makes a lot of sense. He nearly left to be our HC when he decided to stay last minute a few years ago. That's when we hired Wade Philips. Not crazy about hiring a college guy, but Stoops is a winner.

Rayman70

Reaction score
you heard it here first BOB STOOPS the new HC of the Dallas Cowboys, in midseason.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett has held numerous coaching gigs in the NFL from QB coach, OC, and 8 years as HC. With many of his in game decisions we've seen, it's like he just isn't grasping the game.
Zero feel or instincts of the game. None.

I've never seen anything like it in my 50 years of following football.

On a side note, he is one of the better clappers in the league. :mad:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one appears safe with Prescott. He could take everyone down with him as Jerry looks intent on proving his decision was right.

kskboys

Reaction score
He's held numerous jobs? He was a failure as an OC in Miami before Jerry handed him the keys to the Cowboys offense which had mixed results, the good of which largely came from Romo being Romo. Then, even tho the offense was really just OK, they made him HC. He hasn't had numerous jobs, unless you count the handies he must be giving Jerry under the table.
I don't think he was the OC in MIA. Seems like he was QB's coach, or receivers coach, or some such.

kskboys

Reaction score
Zero feel or instincts of the game. None.

I've never seen anything like it in my 50 years of following football.

On a side note, he is one of the better clappers in the league. :mad:
I mean, seriously, me neither. Esp a HC that lasts for 8 years.