Is JG losing the locker room like Wade Phillips did?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing has always been said about Garrett: his teams "fight" for him on game day.

I think that's being strained right now and we saw it stretching the seams on game day.

So we saw an offense that looked DOA against New Orleans. The defense held the opposition to 12, which should always be more than sufficient in 2019, so it's hard to complain about the defensive effort. One game fluke, maybe? On to Green Bay.

The offense starts hot and then crumbles after the interception killed the first drive. The defense, well, we all saw it. Meanwhile, the sportscasters are talking about a lifeless Dallas bench.

Then, Jason Garrett, usually calm and clapping, gets flagged. That doesnt just happen to The Clapper. That's gotta be frustration.

Contract year, offense and defense looking like hot garbage, penalty on the HC. Are we watching the Jason Garrett era take a Wade Wilson "lost the locker room" turn?

It does have a sense of poetic justice, doesn't it?

Or is this just the prelude to another playoffs one-and-done or, worse yet, a week 17 elimination that bizarrely keeps Jerry Jones coming back for more?

What say you Cowboys Zone? Is JG about to lose this locker room?

Wade Wilson? He was the QB coach - it was never his locker room to lose.

As for JG, the one positive about him has been that the players like playing for him and will play hard for him. That's never been the problem. And they clearly played hard Sunday, as evidenced by the way they fought back after so many early mistakes. The problem has simply been, for various reasons, that he has been unable to maintain consistency throughout his time as coach, and even in the good years he can never make a deep playoff run.

In short, too many ups and downs, and too little success to tolerate the ups and downs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mods, maybe you can change it to Bum Phillips and then DasSchnitzel will get a few dozen more responses about the title...

Maybe if the Mods setup a daily vote on a new title...

John Phillips
Michelle Phillips
Mackenzie Phillips
Wade Wilson-Phillips
The only Bum around here is Garrett!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is JG about to lose this locker room?
The players appreciate the passion Garrett showed during the GB game. He showed he cares very much about this team. He's not even close to losing the locker room. That's just a narrative the haters want to get started.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh::huh::huh:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Don't know whether to laugh or cry!!

You saw the team respond after he got the penalty, right? They picked up the 25 yards in one play and then went on to score twice. That’s pretty telling.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wade losing the locker room is a bogus myth. The problems were actually the offense, it’s inability to run the ball and the turnovers it committed, led by the inept Jason Garrett.

That was the narrative being pushed out, because the same organization was looking to promote Garrett quickly to HC. That’s why he’s been around here for a decade, despite all the musical chairs in every other position, and finally his stripping Garrett of any role in the offense, which was supposed to be what made him this genius.

Even Jerry eventually admitted he was the head coach in training.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade losing the locker room is a bogus myth. The problems were actually the offense, it’s inability to run the ball and the turnovers it committed, led by the inept Jason Garrett...

No. It wasn’t.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I love when fans think they know what's going on in the locker room. No one here knows.

People are just projecting their feelings onto the team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade losing the locker room is a bogus myth. The problems were actually the offense, it’s inability to run the ball and the turnovers it committed, led by the inept Jason Garrett.

That was the narrative being pushed out, because the same organization was looking to promote Garrett quickly to HC. That’s why he’s been around here for a decade, despite all the musical chairs in every other position, and finally his stripping Garrett of any role in the offense, which was supposed to be what made him this genius.

Even Jerry eventually admitted he was the head coach in training.
I've said this before, when he was OC, I asked Garrett about his QB's input to play calling, he looked me straight in the eye and said, I CALL THE PLAYS. Romo runs them. As soon as he took over for Wade, Romo starts calling audibles and calling plays from the LOS. Coincidence?? I think not.

stuckindc

Reaction score
You saw the team respond after he got the penalty, right? They picked up the 25 yards in one play and then went on to score twice. That’s pretty telling.

My Hope is that him throwing the challenge flag and getting the penalty will change the team as they actually woke up and fought back...If they call PI on the final pick , I think the Cowboys end up winning..I know that's wishful thinking...but it had the feel of them coming together and finally punching back.. They must find their identity before its to late. I'm hoping this lose and the fight they showed following the flag penalty is the turning point for them. If they can win the next two going into the bye..then it's gonna be on! I think they're pissed and are about to play like we think they're capable of

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My Hope is that him throwing the challenge flag and getting the penalty will change the team as they actually woke up and fought back...If they call PI on the final pick , I think the Cowboys end up winning..I know that's wishful thinking...but it had the feel of them coming together and finally punching back.. They must find their identity before its to late. I'm hoping this lose and the fight they showed following the flag penalty is the turning point for them. If they can win the next two going into the bye..then it's gonna be on! I think they're pissed and are about to play like we think they're capable of

It’s possible. I thought they were going to come all the way back, and then have Rodgers put the knife in in one final drive. But, yeah. Losses like that one have kick-started seasons before. You never know what might spark a run. That’s what makes NFL seasons fun.