Is JG losing the locker room like Wade Phillips did?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not as a coach, and I don't expect that status to change anytime soon if at all.
I understand but I was responding someone who appeared to be posturing Wade Phillips as a greater HC than Garrett because of his ring as OC.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
One thing has always been said about Garrett: his teams "fight" for him on game day.

I think that's being strained right now and we saw it stretching the seams on game day.

So we saw an offense that looked DOA against New Orleans. The defense held the opposition to 12, which should always be more than sufficient in 2019, so it's hard to complain about the defensive effort. One game fluke, maybe? On to Green Bay.

The offense starts hot and then crumbles after the interception killed the first drive. The defense, well, we all saw it. Meanwhile, the sportscasters are talking about a lifeless Dallas bench.

Then, Jason Garrett, usually calm and clapping, gets flagged. That doesnt just happen to The Clapper. That's gotta be frustration.

Contract year, offense and defense looking like hot garbage, penalty on the HC. Are we watching the Jason Garrett era take a Wade Wilson "lost the locker room" turn?

It does have a sense of poetic justice, doesn't it?

Or is this just the prelude to another playoffs one-and-done or, worse yet, a week 17 elimination that bizarrely keeps Jerry Jones coming back for more?

What say you Cowboys Zone? Is JG about to lose this locker room?

Wade Wilson?

Delete your account. Start over. You are done here

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some people are really hung up on me getting the name wrong lol
You really should be embarrassed. It’s a gross error and pretty well discredits the thread.

At the very least should admit the mistake. And I’d ask a Mod to correct it for you.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh haha right Wade Phillips. My bad

Mods help please lol
Some people are really hung up on me getting the name wrong lol

Mods, maybe you can change it to Bum Phillips and then DasSchnitzel will get a few dozen more responses about the title...

Maybe if the Mods setup a daily vote on a new title...

John Phillips
Michelle Phillips
Mackenzie Phillips
Wade Wilson-Phillips

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That might do it but most likely our history in Jerry’s puppet era would support a total collapse would need to take place.

Unless of course there’s empty seats and revenue is threatened.

But if fans will tolerate the crap Jerrys delivered for a generation why so much issue with Garrett?

For about the last 10 years "the crap Jerry's delivered" WAS Garrett.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wade Phillips is a better football coach then JG

No he isn't, and I don't like JG. He's not a better head coach. Wade on more than one occasion lost the team completely. Remember the 2008 finale? Remember 2010? The closest JG ever got to that point was a few games in 2017 but managed to recover.

leeblair

Reaction score
Wade didn't lose the locker room. It was taken from him by the ambitions of Jason Garrett- who had Jerry's misguided affections.
Wade wasn't a head coach. But his defense was ranked #1 after the first 5 games of 2010.
But the other side of the ball was killing the Cowboys.

jnday

Reaction score
Wade Phillips is a better football coach then JG
Wade I Wade is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL and Dallas would benefit greatly from having him, even if it is never going to happen.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
One thing has always been said about Garrett: his teams "fight" for him on game day.

I think that's being strained right now and we saw it stretching the seams on game day.

So we saw an offense that looked DOA against New Orleans. The defense held the opposition to 12, which should always be more than sufficient in 2019, so it's hard to complain about the defensive effort. One game fluke, maybe? On to Green Bay.

The offense starts hot and then crumbles after the interception killed the first drive. The defense, well, we all saw it. Meanwhile, the sportscasters are talking about a lifeless Dallas bench.

Then, Jason Garrett, usually calm and clapping, gets flagged. That doesnt just happen to The Clapper. That's gotta be frustration.

Contract year, offense and defense looking like hot garbage, penalty on the HC. Are we watching the Jason Garrett era take a Wade Wilson "lost the locker room" turn?

Or is this just the prelude to another playoffs one-and-done or, worse yet, a week 17 elimination that bizarrely keeps Jerry Jones coming back for more?

His teams fight for him on game day? I guess I missed that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do not care if the players play hard for him or whatever.

Playoff success or go.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
You really should be embarrassed. It’s a gross error and pretty well discredits the thread.

At the very least should admit the mistake. And I’d ask a Mod to correct it for you.

First, I did acknowledge it as soon as someone pointed it out. I also asked mods to fix it at the same time.

Second, this forum doesnt mean enough to me for me to get embarrassed by a simple mistake. I'm sorry that it means that much to you.

GMO415

Reaction score
Yep. He lost the team.

DAL will continue to turn the ball over in NY and let's see how the team reacts.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Not from the fight I saw at the end of that game, they fought to the last second.. if that game turns into 34-3 and never any life..sure thats the sign..but no I have not seen it..

kevm3

Reaction score
No he's not losing the locker room. This is a typical Garrett team that completely relaxes after a bit of success and gets beat like a drum more often than not against decent teams. Even Dak came out and said they were feeling themselves too much. Garrett will always manage to do just enough though to keep this circus going on and on, so I expect a victory against the jets.