CFZ Is McCarthy underperforming as much as Garrett?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These last 3 years most would argue MM has built a more talented roster while revamping the offense and building a top notch defense .

And we have had most fans who believe this is a much more talented team under McCarthy.

The fact we had our first back to back 12 win and consecutive playoff seasons since the 90’s would support as such.

But we still have come up short in the playoffs and why we made the change to begin with.

This isn’t just about our QB and I warn you not to make it about it. There are ample threads for that discussion.

The Cowboys and McCarthy used Moore last year as a scapegoat after we had one of the top offenses not only in Redzone but overall . He totally revamped our offensive scheme which was already being called out while we were blowing out lesser opponents.

Now we apparently had built a defense which was hyped or sold as becoming one of the top in the league. Which had already fallen flat on its face in two of our 5 games.

At what point can we argue that McCarthy is doing less with more? Unless we are backing off this is a much more talented team than Garrett had ?

I was suspect of his playcalling and game day Mgmt before this game and season but the overall vibe was he is a difference maker and we’re in a much better place which there was some evidence to support .

I guess my overall question is this. Is McCarthy doing less with more than Garrett did?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
my packers buddies hated McCarthy and felt bad for us getting him. Him being oc shows he hasn’t changed with the times. I think it’s time to go young for a head coach as so many other teams have done and done well. Mike McDaniel, shanahan, Mcvay etc.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NO!! JG was one of the most detrimental coaches the league has ever seen. Certainly the Cowboys.

Whatever issues MM may have he is still light years better than the fraud.
I understand he’s a better coach and obviously has a better track record , etc.

But is he doing more or less with the talent he has ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
my packers buddies hated McCarthy and felt bad for us getting him. Him being oc shows he hasn’t changed with the times. I think it’s time to go young for a head coach as so many other teams have done and done well. Mike McDaniel, shanahan, Mcvay etc.
Is it possible we had a better future with Moore? Whose offense at least this far exceeded McCarthys.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
As of latest results......

Big Mac helped build a dominant defensive front that still fell apart in the Playoffs.

Garrett helped build a dominant offensive front that still fell apart in the Playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I understand he’s a better coach and obviously has a better track record , etc.

But is he doing more or less with the talent he has ?
More & you have to give him & the staff some credit for getting better talent. They at least seem to understand that you need talent at every position.

JG got less than bare minimum out of his squads overall.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I understand. But is McCarthy doing more with less or less with more?
He's doing more with more. Even though it's not equatable. The overall team is better, minus a couple of positions and the results speak for themselves.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
More & you have to give him & the staff some credit for getting better talent. They at least seem to understand that you need talent at every position.

JG got less than bare minimum out of his squads overall.
JG didn't have enough impact on the defense. Coach Mac has better balance, including special teams. The softness, overrated hype crap we deal with every year with all coaches has nothing to do with the coaches. Look in the owner's box for that one.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
he hasnt iced his own kicker yet so id say hes doin a better job

I still feel like the team being unprepared and soft is ownership related and its been a thing since parcells left and before him

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's doing more with more. Even though it's not equatable. The overall team is better, minus a couple of positions and the results speak for themselves.
But if the team is better and or has more talent then he’s arguably doing less or no better with more.

Assuming the playoff results are ultimately the measuring stick.

BTW.. I agree the team is better but the results aren’t equating so that would support he’s doing less with more.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he hasnt iced his own kicker yet so id say hes doin a better job

I still feel like the team being unprepared and soft is ownership related and its been a thing since parcells left and before him
So then it doesn’t matter who’s our HC or how much talent we have ?

Bottomline persist. Who’s doing more with less or less with more?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But if the team is better and or has more talent then he’s arguably doing less or no better with more.

Assuming the playoff results are ultimately the measuring stick.
Uhhh, no. He's help build a better roster and they're winning more games. Simple.
And we're talking regular season, because that wouldn't help your case defending Garrett.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the guy is getting his hopes up that Jerry will bring his BFF back. LOL....he was talking him up like he was the next Landry. :lmao:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
JG didn't have enough impact on the defense. Coach Mac has better balance, including special teams. The softness, overrated hype crap we deal with every year with all coaches has nothing to do with the coaches. Look in the owner's box for that one.
Again, I’m not arguing MM is a better coach or has built a better team.

But is he doing more with less or less with more.

That’s what ultimately cost Garrett his job is most believed we were under achieving with talent we had.