Is Micah Parsons the best rookie in Cowboys history?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nah. You changed the convo. I just played your game.

Henry wasn’t very good early in his career so no guarantees.
Henry didn’t get the opportunity early on his career.

once again your comment is laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you mean how since Moore has taken over in 19 has not used Zeke as zeke? Zeke not getting the opportunity's ALL volume backs need to put up yards.. all the blame is on zeke and yet ES22 had nearly HALF his career averages under 4YPC. he got his yards getting it 25+ a game..zeke was averaging 5.1 ypc the first half of the season, gets no credit yet finished at 4.2 same as Henry and IF zeke got fed his 25 im betting he gets 95-100 YPG then all this nonsense can stop.

just a reminder its not always the players fault, look at the OL, oc ,and how they are used.

a reminder to all the haters.
No zeke just sucks. And pollard is better. Numbers tell the story clearly. Eye test as well.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This is really for the long time fans. I can only speak about mid 80's on.

Did we just witness the greatest rookie season in the history of the Dallas Cowboys? I can't think of one better over the last 40 years.

This needs to be adjusted for era obviously. Don't give me raw stats as the reason. It's a much different game today than it was then. I'm asking who was the best in their time not who put up the best overall numbers.

I need people who were around for the 60s and 70s to speak on this.

Is Micah the rookie King?

If so, double bicep flex in your face.
Tony Dorsett was the greatest rookie in Cowboys history. He was the only player needed to give the Cowboys a Super Bowl win. Cowboys made and blockbuster trade to get him, won rookie of the year and he lived up to the hype winning the Super Bowl in the same stadium and city he won a NCAA College Football Championship.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh… So he wasn’t very good then like I said? Shut up.

rookie year 4.5 ypc and 5 tds on 110 rushes.

You call that bad clown boy? Lol

another laughable comment destroyed.

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
Zack Martin was an All Pro as a rookie.
Zack would be my choice. He's going to make first ballot at a position where it rarely happens (when he gets enshrined he'll be the 3rd interior o lineman in a 4 decade span to make first ballot). That's truly "generational talent"

Love Parsons but the whole "generational talent' tag gets thrown around too much. Just in the last 10 years on defense alone just off my head youve had guys like JJ watt, Aaron Donald, Luke kuechly, and von Miller who've basically stepped on the field and been DPOTY talent. All of them franchise changing players and all future hall of famers

Don't get me wrong they don't grow on trees but being the best in your class or 2 doesn't necessarily mean "this is a godly thing we'll maybe never see again"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rookie year 4.5 ypc and 5 tds on 110 rushes.

You call that bad clown boy? Lol

another laughable comment destroyed.

It’s not 1600. It’s more like 490. Which goes back to the original point about Henry vs Zeke in Dak’s rookie year ya donut.

Henry was nothing in this league until Demarco Murray retired.

Thomas82

Reaction score
you mean how since Moore has taken over in 19 has not used Zeke as zeke? Zeke not getting the opportunity's ALL volume backs need to put up yards.. all the blame is on zeke and yet ES22 had nearly HALF his career averages under 4YPC. he got his yards getting it 25+ a game..zeke was averaging 5.1 ypc the first half of the season, gets no credit yet finished at 4.2 same as Henry and IF zeke got fed his 25 im betting he gets 95-100 YPG then all this nonsense can stop.

just a reminder its not always the players fault, look at the OL, oc ,and how they are used.

a reminder to all the haters.

Yeah, I acknowledged this in another post I quoted you on. Here's what I said:

In Emmitt's defense, he was pretty much in the same situation Zeke is in now. He was in an offense that wasn't designed to fit him, with a pass-happy OC that didn't know how to use the running game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s not 1600. It’s more like 490. Which goes back to the original point about Henry vs Zeke in Dak’s rookie year ya donut.

Henry was nothing in this league until Demarco Murray retired.

You said Henry had a bad first couple years. He didnt. The old coaching staff just didnt feature him. He did well, just didnt get the touches.

Dont care about your original point. NOthing to do with me. YOur point that Henry was bad his first few years is nothing but football dumb nonsense. Like most of your points.

But to YOUR point...........how many yards and TD's do you think Henry would have gotten behind the Dallas line in 2016 with 350 carries? It would have been amazing.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Tony Dorsett was the greatest rookie in Cowboys history. He was the only player needed to give the Cowboys a Super Bowl win. Cowboys made and blockbuster trade to get him, won rookie of the year and he lived up to the hype winning the Super Bowl in the same stadium and city he won a NCAA College Football Championship.

Good point, but if Parsons plays well in the playoffs and gets to the SB and we win it all this year , then we can compare notes at the end of it !
Lets pray it happens, good to discuss this after !

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Good point, but if Parsons plays well in the playoffs and gets to the SB and we win it all this year , then we can compare notes at the end of it !
Lets pray it happens, good to discuss this after !
I've said this before. As a boy, I remember at the bus stop praying that the Cowboys would draft Tony Dorsett to help Roger Staubach get another Super Bowl. When the Cowboys pulled off that big trade for Tony Dorsett, it scared me to death (Mother said that God answers prays), and made me pray for better more worth while needs and wants. But, God had that 1977 Super Bowl in my hometown of New Orleans. So both of Roger Staubach's/Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl wins was in New Orleans, LA...
1140-faith-based-toolkit.imgcache.rev18c05bb50b5e5fa68169fe76d19ceb9e.jpg

Gorgon

Reaction score
This is really for the long time fans. I can only speak about mid 80's on.

Did we just witness the greatest rookie season in the history of the Dallas Cowboys? I can't think of one better over the last 40 years.

This needs to be adjusted for era obviously. Don't give me raw stats as the reason. It's a much different game today than it was then. I'm asking who was the best in their time not who put up the best overall numbers.

I need people who were around for the 60s and 70s to speak on this.

Is Micah the rookie King?

If so, double bicep flex in your face.
Honestly, I can't recall Bob Lilly's rookie year, but my guess is he was fantastic.