Is Michael Gallup the best WR from his draft class?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know we’re Cowboys fans so we will probably have a bias but if you’re picking between Gallup, Ridley, and DJ Moore I think you have to go Gallup, right?

Gallup also had 1100 yards receiving while missing some time as well.

Could he get by as a #1 WR in an offense at this point? Probably.. Maybe not for Dallas because we need so many weapons around the QB but for most teams he could probably do it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I know we’re Cowboys fans so we will probably have a bias but if you’re picking between Gallup, Ridley, and DJ Moore I think you have to go Gallup, right?

Could he get by as a #1 WR in an offense at this point? Probably.. Maybe not for Dallas because we need so many weapons around the QB but for most teams he could probably do it.

I wanted dj moore or rashaan evans over LVE.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
DJ will be just fine in Carolina, and Calvin has had a nice ability finding the end zone himself. One guy battled some injuries last season, the other had 2nd and 3rd string QB's throwing to him, and still finished with over 1,000 yards. DJ does have a serious fumbling problem though.

Gallup, for where he was selected, was a steal. I'm looking for him to breakout and set the field on fire in 2020.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LVE aside, It was a deep WR class and the Cowboys were smart not to reach for one in the 1st round like some where screaming for.

All three of those guys are really good. Plus several others as well.
Cortland Sutton
DJ Chark
Etc

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Courtland Sutton has been slightly better to this point.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Maybe?

But as long as he is productive in Dallas (which might be one of the few things that the majority of this forum's members agree on) what does it matter if he is the "Best" or not?
:huh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Moore, Sutton and Gallup are neck and neck. Ridley is good, but he didnt make the jump like the other 3 did

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Gallup's good, but Moore is way better. He just put up more yardage than Gallup with Kyle Allen as his quarterback.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Moore, Sutton and Gallup are neck and neck. Ridley is good, but he didnt make the jump like the other 3 did

I didn’t like Ridley or Moore..

Ridley just didn’t look athletic enough and he was older.. He’s a few months younger then Amari I believe.

Moore.. I just didn’t like his style..

I did like Sutton a lot.

I couldn’t figure out Gallup.. There was basically no holes in his game. He did have a nice game against Alabama.. I’ve just never known what this guys true upside is but he looks like the most pure WR out of all 4 of those guys.. Like Pierre Garçonish.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
LVE aside, It was a deep WR class and the Cowboys were smart not to reach for one in the 1st round like some where screaming for.

All three of those guys are really good. Plus several others as well.
Cortland Sutton
DJ Chark
Etc
Im glad we drafted Gallup, but Sutton and Chark are very solid as well.
Getting Gallup in the 3rd was the steal of our draft.

Last edited:

SackMaster

Reaction score
Because it’s fun to look back on players we debated about for months before the draft...
I can respect that.

I apologize for being a bit quick on the trigger, but more times than not on this board, it seems that if a player is not the "best at his position" then most members tend to treat that player as one of the worst in the league.

I'll shut up on this topic now unless someone says something I find suspect.
:grin: