Is Mike McCarthy forcing Quinn to run Dan Nolans 31st ranked defense again?

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, no. Just listen to him during the post draft interview. This draft had Dan Quinn all over, as a big fan of defensive football believe me. He likes fast and physical.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Even with my middling knowlegde of NFL schemes, I know this isn't the case.

If the Cowboys wanted to run the same defense again they wouldn't have fired Nolan; so the entire premise of this thread is flawed.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I will wait and see what they do and how they line up.
However they line up , stop the run and show some pass defense,
I am saying it Again , Please make the other team Punt a few times in the game ( or take the ball ) !!!!

calicowboy54

Reaction score
In my opinion...
Gregory would be better at OLB than he is at DE. So would Anae, but DLaw will suck at it. But we all know Jerry is not going to allow his 20 million dollar man sit on the sidelines.

Having three DT's on the field would help our run defense, though. So I kind of welcome the thought of a 3-4.

i think your going to have 4-3 under look that looks like a 3-4. 5t is your run defender and controls 2 gaps your nt controls 2 gaps. your 3t is up the field rush 1 gap guy. your LEO (rush lb) is rush from 7,8,9 gaps and based on gap he will be stand up or hand in the dirt. your lbs will be dpr (slb) and 2 mlb weak and strong. that will move around.

cowboyed

Reaction score
i think your going to have 4-3 under look that looks like a 3-4. 5t is your run defender and controls 2 gaps your nt controls 2 gaps. your 3t is up the field rush 1 gap guy. your LEO (rush lb) is rush from 7,8,9 gaps and based on gap he will be stand up or hand in the dirt. your lbs will be dpr (slb) and 2 mlb weak and strong. that will move around.

Yes and the defensive front will line up in a dancing stunt as those lederhosen wearing Germans that choreographically clap and slap their legs. It will confuse everyone one on our O-line except Zack Martin.

JBond

Reaction score
just thought this year we were going to return to "1-gapping"...play fast and reactionary????
I begged for more single gap at the line, man outside and zone down the middle. Keep it simple.