Twitter: Is Osa a Zim-type Defensive Lineman?

quickccc

Reaction score
Osa will have like 3 sacks in first 5 games of the regular season ..off to a fiery start. and then he'll flame out at some 2nd half or end point of the regular season.

Imo, it's like his strength just gets zapped the more the season grinds down and his run defense tends to come & go inconsistently.

He has inside quickness and a lateral pursuit game, but he doesn't seem top end consistent in a full season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Osa will have like 3 sacks in first 5 games of the regular season ..off to a fiery start. and then he'll flame out at some 2nd half or end point of the regular season.

Imo, it's like his strength just gets zapped the more the season grinds down and his run defense tends to come & go inconsistently.

He has inside quickness and a lateral pursuit game, but he doesn't seem top end consistent in a full season.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like someone else who's about to get a huge pay day

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He's a guy you want to keep around if you can, i'd prefer to lock him up this year instead of waiting another year and seeing the AAV explode though. His growth trajectory has been exactly what you'd want out of a 3rd round pick, and if that continues into year 4 this guy is easily a pro bowler. An X factor in all this though is that if Zimmer isn't high on the guy OSA is probably a guy that could get you a decent draft pick in return.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard worker, makes plays, but does he make enough to warrant the massive deal he would possibly want?
No. He should get a good deal but if he wants a massive deal next year then his production needs to really step up and be a force weekly.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Why wouldn't Osa be a good choice to move out to DE, get some bigger guys to clog up the middle? Is it a complete technique change?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why wouldn't Osa be a good choice to move out to DE, get some bigger guys to clog up the middle? Is it a complete technique change?
If you have run stuffers in the middle and a 280lb DE who is rushing the passer? If they wanted to move to some 3-4 concepts I could see Osa kicking outside, but skeptical that happens under Zimmer.

nathanlt

Reaction score
If you have run stuffers in the middle and a 280lb DE who is rushing the passer? If they wanted to move to some 3-4 concepts I could see Osa kicking outside, but skeptical that happens under Zimmer.
Osa rushes the passer pretty well, I think he would do just fine.

kskboys

Reaction score
As a rotational back, absolutely.
Hmmmm… Geno Atkins??? 6’1 293
OSA 6’2” and I believe they said he was up to 287 at the beginning of 2nd season!
Atkins was nicknamed the coke machine due to his blocky build and immovebility. It's not so much about weight as it is having the ability to hold your own and affect the LOS.

exciter

Reaction score
As a rotational back, absolutely.

Atkins was nicknamed the coke machine due to his blocky build and immovebility. It's not so much about weight as it is having the ability to hold your own and affect the LOS.
And OSA was a college nose tackle in a 34 and had accolades as a wrestler. Haven’t seen much issue of him not holding his own!!

jrumann59

Reaction score
And OSA was a college nose tackle in a 34 and had accolades as a wrestler. Haven’t seen much issue of him not holding his own!!
to be fair college is more about raw athleticism and talent, som college players will never sniff the NFL. Things players could get away with in the college game because they were bigger, faster, stronger they can't do in NFL because everyone that made it to the NFL most likely was one of the best at their position in college

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Will Osa get paid in Dallas after his career year? We know Zim likes the big boys on his front 7.

I hope Osa is back. His arrow is pointing up.

His contract isn't up. He's got one more year, so whether Dallas deems him worth keeping will depend on this year.