Is our offensive scheme helpful to Trey Lance

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
There's only three preseason games now, so the Cowboys need to play Lance, start to finish, in each one.

Not only do they need to see him in this offense, the kid needs reps. He's hardly played any football at all since 2020, which is insane to think about.
if they get him all these reps and he does well, what is next?????? You raise his trade value and trade him, or you tell Dak he's sitting

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
if they get him all these reps and he does well, what is next?????? You raise his trade value and trade him, or you tell Dak he's sitting
Either way it's a win for the Cowboys. They get their next QB or they move Lance for a higher return than the 4th they traded to get him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yeah somebody said it in another thread. A much better front office and coaching staff gave up on him after a considerable amount of draft capital was invested in him. So, I'll remain doubtful until proven otherwise.
Jerry still trying to prove he's a football man. Just don't know why anyone would expect much out of Lance. If he actually becomes an NFL starter it would be a surprise.

bigdsgirl

Reaction score
It seems that Trey Lance is at his best when he's able to use his legs. Now, he does have a big arm, i'm sure he's working on some other fine tuning things of his game. With that said, is this offense beneficial to his growth, and to make him shine in games using his abilities. We like to use a lot of Shotgun, would we be better using more RPO's etc to help him/QB draws. I think plays like these would highlight the skills he does well, showing us how good he can be. I still would like to see him pass the ball, we have to get the ball down the field to our weapons Lamb/Cooks/Ferg etc. Please give your thoughts on our offense, and how you think it benefits Lance or could hinder him....
Lance has only played four games in his career and that's crazy to write him off to 49ers I think are going to regret that I think Trey Lance is our next quarterback of the cowboys

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like it or not, Lance will likely be given an opportunity to prove himself in TC, on way or another. If he's as unfit as many of us seem to think, it will show in his performances that he's allowed to participate in. Will that be enough to draw a logical conclusion as to his qualifications? That remains to be seen. Like it or not, Lance is here to either perform up to NFL standards or prove he's as unfit as many fans here seem to believe. That is what lies ahead in the preseason yet to come. His performance should be obvious enough to convince the majority of us what he has to offer.

Those of us who are willing to be open minded will be able to give their opinions when the time to do so arrives. It's time to relax and find out where this team stands to gain or lose in the days that lie ahead. Let's be prepared to keep an open mind for whatever happens to convince you of the apparent truth about our chances for success in the future. It's most likely that the truth will be exposed about Lance and his performance when the time comes to prove it for the better or worse. It seems very possible that the process that lies ahead should be revealing. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It seems that Trey Lance is at his best when he's able to use his legs. Now, he does have a big arm, i'm sure he's working on some other fine tuning things of his game. With that said, is this offense beneficial to his growth, and to make him shine in games using his abilities. We like to use a lot of Shotgun, would we be better using more RPO's etc to help him/QB draws. I think plays like these would highlight the skills he does well, showing us how good he can be. I still would like to see him pass the ball, we have to get the ball down the field to our weapons Lamb/Cooks/Ferg etc. Please give your thoughts on our offense, and how you think it benefits Lance or could hinder him....
Tweak our O scheme further, this time for a project?
Really now,

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trey Lance doesn't have the skills or the knowledge to be a bonafide starter in the NFL. The 9ers gave him his best shot to be the guy and he couldn't even stay healthy enough to stay on the field. At this point and time it's very apparent that this young man came out of college way too early and he's probably going to be viewed as a huge bust in the NFL while the dust settles on him. What's really mind boggling with this Trey Lance thing is that the Cowboys think they can fix this guy!!!!!!!!! All of a sudden the Cowboys are the QB whispers in the NFL, this is a major joke since they have a QB under wraps who has been paid hundreds of millions of dollars and can't seem to get past a 1st round playoff game. Hey Jerry, how about you fix what's ailing Prescot before rummaging thru the discount pile of QBs who can be had for pennies on the dollar and don't have an ounce of talent to be a starter in the NFL.
Prescott’s problem is between his ears. Some people thrive under pressure, others crumble. He's the latter. There's no fix for a weak spine.