Is Parsons the best player in the NFL?

zerofill

Reaction score
Where is the guy who bet him at +3000?

Hope that guy hits. Parsons is up to +300 now for DPOY. Only Myles Garrett has better odds.

He has to be top for DPLOY. Garrett been playing his position. Parsons excels no matter where you put him.
Heck dude could play FS if we wanted him to. The speed he has at that size lol.

Hell, I think he has a better 40 time then our DBs at 4.39 lol.

That just isn't real at his size... where did this genetic freak come from? lol

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
The fact that the OP's question isn't total hyperbole is fantastic news.

CWR

Reaction score
The only downside to Parsons having such a great rookie season is expectations are going to be sky high for him next year. It’s going to be hard for him to top this season. Opponents will have a better idea of how to game plan for him next season.

Tough to game plan for a guy that lines up all over the field though. Yes the expectations on him will be unreasonable.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Serious question. I don't watch other teams so I know I'm not qualified to say. Is there anyone playing better than Parsons in the NFL right now?
Another serious question. How hard is it to change your avatar to something original rather than letting that default remain there? If you want to continue to be perceived as a soulless drone then that's your prerogative but I would encourage you to fix that.

I don't watch "other teams" either, but I've watched enough football in my life to know Parsons is extremely rare. Maybe he is playing better football than everyone else in the whole league. I certainly would not disputed it if someone made that claim.

lk8701

Reaction score
Defensively, prob not. He’s in the running for Def player of the year.

The only NFL rookie to ever win defensive player of the year is Lawrence Taylor.

That’s definitely Elite category.

LT = Michael Jordan. Micah Parsons = LeBron James.

lk8701

Reaction score
The only downside to Parsons having such a great rookie season is expectations are going to be sky high for him next year. It’s going to be hard for him to top this season. Opponents will have a better idea of how to game plan for him next season.

It's hard to plan for him because he could be doing anything on any given down because he is capable of doing everything!

DanA

Reaction score
They could have taken the offensive lineman too.

So many here were preaching about not drafting an off ball LB, but here we are.

Luck favors the prepared. Drafting is something we do very well. Not sure I can criticize a hypothetical as poor management.

It turns out Micah is not an off-ball linebacker.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Serious question. I don't watch other teams so I know I'm not qualified to say. Is there anyone playing better than Parsons in the NFL right now?

He is the best defensive player at this point along with a few other guys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Do you know what is absolutely frightening for the rest of the NFL?

Parsons is a rookie, meaning he's going to get even better than he is. We're looking at a potential once-in-a-generation player here.

CWR

Reaction score
It turns out Micah is not an off-ball linebacker.

Maybe they should've done their homework before labeling the kid. He's not anything, he's a football player period.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tough to game plan for a guy that lines up all over the field though. Yes the expectations on him will be unreasonable.

It’s going to be tough but opponents will have a full offseason. As long as we have Gregory and DLaw you can’t double him. You have to single block all of them or one will get free.

Reactions: CWR

reddyuta

Reaction score
It’s going to be tough but opponents will have a full offseason. As long as we have Gregory and DLaw you can’t double him. You have to single block all of them or one will get free.

very tough to to double him when he plays LB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
very tough to to double him when he plays LB.

As long as we’re getting it done up front he won’t have to take on many blockers at LB. He’s so fast and quick he’ll get by a chip block in no time.

Reactions: CWR

lqmac1

Reaction score
If he isn’t now, he will be next year or the year after. Dude should be the MVP, nobody is playing as well as he is.

DanA

Reaction score
Maybe they should've done their homework before labeling the kid. He's not anything, he's a football player period.

Unless you're talking about high school footage there's nothing to research. He didn't play as a pass rusher in college. He was an off-ball linebacker.