Is Romo in your top 10, QBs playing right now?

BHendri5

Reaction score
Tonight after Church, a fellow Cowboys fan and other guys and one woman(who always discusses sports with us along with her husband), anyway the question was askedif we thought Romo was better than Carson Palmer, we both said yes.

We also said that as the season stands right now, we would only put Brady and Peyton ahead of Romo. And that others like Farve (at this stage of his career) Brees, Palmer, MCNabb (even though I said that I felt Romo has passed McNabb), Romo has reached the same level that they are at right now.

Then, being that we are natural born Texans, the if we thought Romo was better than Vince Young question came out.

I said yes, my fellow Cowboy fan went with the Vince is good, and left it at that.

Right now in a top ten QBs playing right now, where does Romo stand. In my ten he is at 3, right now, or 2, because Brady and Peyton could be 1 and 1A.

my ten would be Brady/Peyton (vice versa, or tied at 1)

Romo
Palmer
Big Ben
Farve
Brees
Hasselbeck
Bulger?
McNabb

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
P. Manning
T. Brady
C. Palmer
D. Brees
T. Romo
Burger
Hasselback
McNabb
Big Ben
Farve
Leinart

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Id take Chad Pennington and his spaghetti arm over Mcnabb right now. Put a solid running game and a good run defense around Chad and you will win.

Tony Romo is the main reason why we are winning games. Simple as that. He is a top ten qb.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1657003 said:
id take vince young over mcnabb right now

I'd take Tarvaris Jackson over Mcnabb

Aikbach

Reaction score
He is now, probably the best in the NFC at the moment.

Manning - 32
Brady -29
Palmer-28
Romo -27
Schaub -27
Hasselbeck- 33
Young- 24
Favre -36
Brees -30
Garcia -38

About half in half although the AFC clearly has the superior crop in the modern game.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'd take Rex Grossman over McN... naaaah. McNabb's not THAT bad.

I'd take Rex Grossman over Chad Hutchinson though.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
He is definitely top 10 in my book. I'd put Peyton and Brady 1 & 2. After that it's close between Romo, Palmer and Brees. Hasselbeck and Pennington (when healthy) aren't far behind. Farve at this point in time and McFlabb are about on a par with each other. I'd put Steve McNair in my top 5, but I don't know how healthy he is.

Young has to fit in their somewhere because he just wins, baby. I haven't got to watch him much so I can't evaluate his accuracy and checkdown ability yet.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
So far Tony's yardage stats are 2nd all-time among ALL quarterbacks through an equal number of starts. Considering the largely luke-warm field of QBs of today and Romo's great start to the current season - I'd have to say he prolly is.

Reaction score
  1. P. Manning
  2. T. Brady
  3. C. Palmer
  4. T. Romo
  5. M. Schaub
  6. D. Brees
  7. J. Cutler
  8. V. Young
  9. E. Manning
  10. M. Hasselbeck (spelling)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Manning
Brady
Palmer
Brees
Romo
Bulger
Hasselbeck
Roethlisberger
Delhomme
Cutler

VACowboy

Reaction score
No way I take Young over Romo.

P. Manning
Brady
Palmer
Romo
Brees
Bulger
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Hasselbeck
Favre

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
You guys are giving McNabb a very hard time considering he's less than a year into recovering from a blown out knee and playing with receivers that can't get open.

Carson Palmer at least had great recivers to throw to when he was making his comeback and no one heals the same, it's obvious to see McNabb doesn't trust his knee yet and it's definitely still sore.

Obviously, the fact that his team is playing like crap right now only helps us, so I won't complain too much.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
TheCount;1657275 said:
You guys are giving McNabb a very hard time considering he's less than a year into recovering from a blown out knee and playing with receivers that can't get open.

Carson Palmer at least had great recivers to throw to when he was making his comeback and no one heals the same, it's obvious to see McNabb doesn't trust his knee yet and it's definitely still sore.

Obviously, the fact that his team is playing like crap right now only helps us, so I won't complain too much.
The current McNabb sucks, period. Hey, if he gets healthy and starts playing well then move him back up; until then, nope.