Is Romo sucking you in again?

blackbull

Reaction score
After week 17 last year with a chance to **** everyone up he choked. It's funny hearing how he's surrounded by scrubs. Yes, we wouldn't get to week 17 without him. Ummmm that's why he gets 100 m's. Hes also getting that much to lead his team to Atleast a freaking fg to go into overtime. He owes Cowboy nation a playoff berth. Look at how low the expectations are and he can't even make that in 4 years.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I'm curious how ufc and Clove would react if the Cowboys won a championship with Romo at QB.

"What a great victory! Romo almost gave it away though!"

"So happy for the team but we really need to look for Romo's replacement!"

"This SB win was nice but I'd like to see some consistency from Romo. Can he lead us back next year?!?"

Haha... nope, not at all. This would be me below and I would love nothing more than to give him props. I love Romo off the field and think he is a great guy. I just don't think he has the mental capacity to lead this team to a super bowl. For whatever reason, when the stakes are too high, he mentally collapses. The thing is, I have personally given up on Tony Romo and feel I have a good handle on exactly what he will do in certain situations. I knew what was going to happen vs. Washington, and I knew when he had the ball vs. Denver on that last drive what was coming (And so did a lot of people). IF our team is still in it vs. Philly and the division is on the line, I know how he will play. You see, seeing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity, I stopped doing that a long time ago.

With all that said, I don't think he is our biggest problem on the team. I just think he plays a role in us not being successful just like all the other players coaches and Jerry does.

applause.gif

Reaction score
I kind of agree with some of what you say. I don't agree Romo is our best player by far. He plays the most important role in each game though since he handles the ball on every single snap and because of that he can have the biggest effect on if we win or lose games. Our team(That includes Romo) is just flat out poor all the way around IMO and it starts at the top with the owner. As bad as our team was heading into that Washington game, we STILL could have won it had Romo not choked it away by throwing 3 INT's. Kindly note, he played terrific in the 2 games leading up to that one and protected the ball very well (threw for 757 yards and zero interceptions) but the stakes were just too high for him in Washington, he folded as many of us expected he would and even converted some homers into realists right here on this site. He has to play better in big games like that. He didn't have to completely carry the team in that game, he just had to do a good job, and he didn't.
Whether Romo is the best player on the team is subjective. I think he is, you don't. Fair enough.

But it sure would be nice if the defense could win more than one game a year. The pressure on Romo to play flawlessly is immense. His mistakes are magnified many times over because of the team he plays for and the fact that nobody has his back when he makes them.

This all goes back to Jerry Jones and his inabilty to build a TEAM. He finds a player here and there but can't put it all together. And theres no end in sight. It's very frustrating.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Let's bring some realism to this homer party.

Romo's has beaten only 1 team over .500 this year. In the one game he won against a team over .500. he threw 2 interceptions, a fumble, and managed to manufacture 1 score from a drive, and that was against Philly. So why should I be optimistic against a perennial failure when all he beats are sorry to mediocre teams? His defense saved him in the Philly game, that defense played like the 85 bears. NY Giants offense outscores ours, but thanks to J Heath who scored a TD, we outscore the Giants.

Let's bring some "realism" to this hater's post.

First off, if you're going to bag the guy for his two interceptions against the Eagles, then at least bring up WHY those balls got intercepted. I mean, that is if you're really trying to be a "realist" here. And I'll give you a hint, it had nothing to do with bad throws by Romo. The first one got intercepted because Dez Bryant couldn't catch a last second hail mary at the half. Romo threw a perfect 50 yard bomb that went right through his hands, and of course he didn't catch it but the defender did.

On the second interception, Tanner decided he was going to run the wrong route and lead a defender into the path of a throw. Beasely was wide open if it weren't for Tanner being clueless, but no, let's put that on Romo since he takes blame for everything anyway. Romo actually played a good game, if it weren't for two mistakes he had no control over, he would've finished the day with 30/47, 370 YDS, 2 TDS, 0 INTS. And you wouldn't be spewing nonsense about that game.

As for the Giants game, Romo played a damn good football game. You obviously didn't watch this game, because if you did there's no way in hell you'd be complaining about Romo here. And no, our offense wouldn't of gotten outscored, especially not due to Romo's play. We would've scored a TD on that last drive if it was needed, but it wasn't and we kicked the FG. If you're going to be a realist, you should bring up these things ... A "realist" SHOULD see both sides, but it's apparent you can't.

Also, It's tough to put drive's together when your star WR is causing interceptions, dropping balls, and fumbling the ball 20 yards backwards. Ohh, and lets not forget Romo put together a game winning drive in harsh weather conditions, on the road, and against a divisional rival in a critical game. If you want to blame someone for this game, try looking at the guy who wears the #88 jersey, not the guy who orchestrated the GWD.

And we beat a last place in their division sorry raider team on the backs of, NOT Romo, but the running backs of all things. So beating sub .500 teams don't impress me.

Don't be fooled, if Romo needed to win the game for us against a "sorry raider team", he easily would have. Romo was 12 of 12 for 100 yards and TD in the second half, he was hot red, but we didn't need him because our RB's were actually having a good game. You would've seen this if you actually watched the game ...

If Romo actually takes us to an NFC championship game, I will start looking at him differently. If he takes us to a Super Bowl, I may get on board. If he wins one, I will be buy his Jersey and proclaim him great.

The only way we make a run in the playoffs is if this defense steps up and actually plays ... defense. It won't be because of Romo balling out, because we still lose games when Romo plays flawlessly.

I don't want to hear **** about the team needs to perform because this thread isn't about the team, it's about just Romo. So obviously the only time you guys mention it is when someone like me asked for championships, then the team term comes out.

And I don't want to hear **** about how Romo needs to perform better when we're ranked 6th in offensive passer rating, yet we're ranked 22nd in defensive passer rating. You're asking a lot from your QB if you're asking him to be any better, how about asking the defense to be something other then straight garbage? They don't even have to be good, if they're average then this team will make the playoffs easily.

Also, next time you declare that you're going to bring some "realism", actually bring it. I don't know what the heck you brought, but it definitely wasn't "realism". Pffft.

lostar2009

Reaction score
dexternjack said:
More like the Cowboys and defense but don't let me clout your judgement. If Dallas does somehow miss out on the playoffs, it, most likely, will not be due to Romo.

If Romo do another act like he did last year he will be done here in Dallas.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
After week 17 last year with a chance to **** everyone up he choked. It's funny hearing how he's surrounded by scrubs. Yes, we wouldn't get to week 17 without him. Ummmm that's why he gets 100 m's. Hes also getting that much to lead his team to Atleast a freaking fg to go into overtime. He owes Cowboy nation a playoff berth. Look at how low the expectations are and he can't even make that in 4 years.

That is blatantly false. If we would have won that game, we would have entered the playoffs decimated by injuries on both sides of the ball.

We would have promptly made a first round exit and Romo would have gotten "credit" for another win or go home loss.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Whether Romo is the best player on the team is subjective. I think he is, you don't. Fair enough.

But it sure would be nice if the defense could win more than one game a year. The pressure on Romo to play flawlessly is immense. His mistakes are magnified many times over because of the team he plays for and the fact that nobody has his back when he makes them.

This all goes back to Jerry Jones and his inabilty to build a TEAM. He finds a player here and there but can't put it all together. And theres no end in sight. It's very frustrating.

Again, I can agree with some of this for sure. Jerry Jones is 100% the reason our team has not had success for 17 straight years. He has made a bunch of boneheaded decisions from giving away future draft picks for players who were clearly not worth it, to over paying players, to keeping players too long, to overriding coaches decisions, and more. We are on the same page there. I personally just believe Romo is not the answer here at QB either and I have explained why many times. I don't think we should have signed him to that contract either and we are going to pay for that for several more years. We just have different opinions on him and that is cool, I can respect you for your opinion. I have had others call me all kinds of names on here one year and then the next year, they are sharing my opinions of Romo. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing though, for this team to win.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I kind of agree with some of what you say. I don't agree Romo is our best player by far. He plays the most important role in each game though since he handles the ball on every single snap and because of that he can have the biggest effect on if we win or lose games. Our team(That includes Romo) is just flat out poor all the way around IMO and it starts at the top with the owner. As bad as our team was heading into that Washington game, we STILL could have won it had Romo not choked it away by throwing 3 INT's. Kindly note, he played terrific in the 2 games leading up to that one and protected the ball very well (threw for 757 yards and zero interceptions) but the stakes were just too high for him in Washington, he folded as many of us expected he would and even converted some homers into realists right here on this site. He has to play better in big games like that. He didn't have to completely carry the team in that game, he just had to do a good job, and he didn't.

I stopped reading when you said Romo is a poor player. That shows a lack of football knowledge.

Reaction score
Again, I can agree with some of this for sure. Jerry Jones is 100% the reason our team has not had success for 17 straight years. He has made a bunch of boneheaded decisions from giving away future draft picks for players who were clearly not worth it, to over paying players, to keeping players too long, to overriding coaches decisions, and more. We are on the same page there. I personally just believe Romo is not the answer here at QB either and I have explained why many times. I don't think we should have signed him to that contract either and we are going to pay for that for several more years. We just have different opinions on him and that is cool, I can respect you for your opinion. I have had others call me all kinds of names on here one year and then the next year, they are sharing my opinions of Romo. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing though, for this team to win.
I can live with that.

The last point I'll make and then I'll let it go is that you tend to cherry pick games to suit your narrative. You emphasize Romo's poor games and ignore his good ones, even the ones in December when it means more. He had many more good ones in December than bad ones, as his December QB rating demonstrates.

At any rate, I'm not going to change your mind. But I hope Tony Romo does. :)

NJ22

Reaction score
Seriously if you feel like Romo is the reason this team hasn't had success, you should not watch football anymore..assuming you've been watching up to this point, which is questionable.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I can live with that.

The last point I'll make and then I'll let it go is that you tend to cherry pick games to suit your narrative. You emphasize Romo's poor games and ignore his good ones, even the ones in December when it means more. He had many more good ones in December than bad ones, as his December QB rating demonstrates.

At any rate, I'm not going to change your mind. But I hope Tony Romo does. :)

Haha.. fair enough. Although, I did point out earlier that he played terrific last year in the 2 games leading up to the Washington game. He threw for 757 yards 6 touchdowns, and zero picks! That is awesome but it also backs up what I'm saying. When it came down to the final game and for all the marbles, THAT is when Romo goes into full on choke mode and just can't be trusted.

You are right, you can't change my mind because it is already made up from what I have seen form him, but I have a strong feeling Romo is going to change yours. It just takes time with every one, I have seen several Romo homers here turn into Romo realist with time. Maybe you're next? :)

Zordon

Reaction score
i won't get sucked in until i see them win this bears game. after that, i go into ultra-stan mode. right now i'm on ice...just chillin.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
That same defense gave Tony turnover the ball back down by only 3 points with 3 minutes to go and all 3 timeouts left! What does Tony do on FIRST DOWN? Throws a big fat pick to end the game just like everyone knew he would. The 3rd turnover of the game by him and all of them his fault.

The weakest link in that game was 100% Tony Romo. I don't care what he does in the regular season, I want a QB that doesn't meltdown in win and you're in games or in the playoffs. Romo is mediocre or bad in these games when we need him most.

When you can't even point the finger at Romo for the Washington loss that ended our season in 2012, that is when you KNOW your homerism has reached an unrealistic/unhealthy level.

Some of you are holding on and thinking maybe this year will be different while a select few of us already know whats coming.

You can't absolve Romo of blame in that game. He was bad. But my take on all this is, you can't just blame him for these playoff/"elimination" game losses. Yeah, the defense in that game had some good stops, and they should have been able to score enough points to win. Still, nobody other than Harris made any game-changing type plays, the type that we always expect from Romo. Well, why does he have to be the only one? QB's don't win or lose anything completely on their own.

burmafrd

Reaction score
You can't absolve Romo of blame in that game. He was bad. But my take on all this is, you can't just blame him for these playoff/"elimination" game losses. Yeah, the defense in that game had some good stops, and they should have been able to score enough points to win. Still, nobody other than Harris made any game-changing type plays, the type that we always expect from Romo. Well, why does he have to be the only one? QB's don't win or lose anything completely on their own.

ufcrules should stick with his usual straightforward Romo hate. But for some reason he is trying to fool people into thinking he really does not hate Romo. Despite the hundreds of posts over the last year or so that makes that a joke. Now his schizophrenic posts are just pathetic. His Romo hate always comes out; no matter how he tries to hide it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You guys have begun to attack each other so we'll move this to the Rant Zone. That's not a license to do what you want BTW.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Well, why does he have to be the only one? QB's don't win or lose anything completely on their own.

I understand what you are saying but he doesn't have to be the only one, he just has to do his job. Weather you or I like it or not, he touches the ball on every snap and he has to protect the ball and play better in those elimination games. Take away those 3 interceptions that were on him and we win that game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Haha... nope, not at all. This would be me below and I would love nothing more than to give him props. I love Romo off the field and think he is a great guy. I just don't think he has the mental capacity to lead this team to a super bowl. For whatever reason, when the stakes are too high, he mentally collapses. The thing is, I have personally given up on Tony Romo and feel I have a good handle on exactly what he will do in certain situations. I knew what was going to happen vs. Washington, and I knew when he had the ball vs. Denver on that last drive what was coming (And so did a lot of people). IF our team is still in it vs. Philly and the division is on the line, I know how he will play. You see, seeing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity, I stopped doing that a long time ago.

With all that said, I don't think he is our biggest problem on the team. I just think he plays a role in us not being successful just like all the other players coaches and Jerry does.

applause.gif

This is what I was talking about. I will dog crap Romo every chance I get, but I will be first at the dinner party.

Pathetic...

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
He's always carried the team and he's not showing any more leadership than he has the last few years.

I think you finally took your hater goggles off and see him for what he has been all along.

We'll I've been a Dallas fan since the Dallas& Denver Super Bowl. If I was a Romo hater I would want him to do bad. that means that Dallas as a team would do bad. And that's the last thing I want. makes for a miserable season. I prefer to be called a Romo Realist.. Expecting the best.. But not being surprised when things go wrong..