Is Roy's deal for $50 million? *Merge*

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Someone please merge this with the bloody RW11 contract thread. I had to go back 4 pages to get what happened to Felix.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
they said T.O. was happy......that is our 1st clue that T.O. is the highest pd

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
**Note: This is a post asking if anyone else saw the following segment on NFL Network at about 6:15 central time, and if two and two can be put together. I'm NOT suggesting his contract is for $50 million.**

Anyone hear Jerry's comment on NFL Network today? He said one of the first players he called today after getting Roy was Pacman, and he told him, (paraphrased), "I just paid a player nearly $50 million and that's the contract you could have if you'd keep your head straight."

Was the comment taken out of context? Because if not, it sure seemed like basically stated Roy's getting about $50 million.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
5 half years ..... 50 million

Sounds about right ..... and fair.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2340566 said:
is this really the contract?

link please

That's what I'm asking.

Jerry made a comment that he paid a player $50 million today. I'm asking, first, if anyone else saw this on NFL Network (about 6:15 central time). Secondly, if it's true --- Jerry could have been exaggerating, or the comment could have been taken out of context. Or hell, I could have heard wrong.

But his comment was something like, "I told Pacman I paid a player nearly $50 million today, and that could be the kind of contract you'd get if..."

Can two and two be put together, or no?

I'm not trying to assert that is the contract ... just asking if anyone else saw the segment, if I heard right/wrong, and what it means.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
it probably is somewhere around the high 40's or low 50's in millions of the contract. obviously more important was how much the signing bonus was...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is making less than 10 million .... so less than T.O., which is smart.

After T.O. retires ...... Jerry will probably bump it up.

Smart move.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RainMan;2340569 said:
That's what I'm asking.

Jerry made a comment that he paid a player $50 million today. I'm asking, first, if anyone else saw this on NFL Network (about 6:15 central time). Secondly, if it's true --- Jerry could have been exaggerating, or the comment could have been taken out of context. Or hell, I could have heard wrong.

But his comment was something like, "I told Pacman I paid a player nearly $50 million today, and that could be the kind of contract you'd get if..."

Can two and two be put together, or no?

you probably can

5 years, 50 mil

sounds perfectly reasonable, just need to find out how much is guaranteed

I just want to be sure

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2340578 said:
He is making less than 10 million .... so less than T.O., which is smart.

After T.O. retires ...... Jerry will probably bump it up.

Smart move.

:muttley: I chuckle because it's true

and kind of cute, passifying TO w/ the contract, aawwwww