Is T.J. Vasher the next Randy Moss

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Check out this freak's highlight tape. WOW!!
I am a Texas Tech Red Raider and Vasher has some insane peak film but man what the heck are you doing??
Randy Moss???

Vasher can be a solid outside WR who can high point and really help in the red zone with his length and tough catch ability.
I think he has a solid future in Dallas as next up in that Ced Wilson developmental into trusted back up role

But he is not running a 4.2 and leaping 51" in the vertical jump. That's otherworldly. And it's totally unfair to compare TJ with the most naturally gifted WR of all-time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you’re a 6 foot 6 WR at Texas Tech and you only have 146 receptions in 5 seasons, that’s a problem.
They fired his WR coach when Kliff was let go; which they just hired back a few weeks ago.

And they decided to scrap Air Raid and build a running game. TJ never gelled with the new staff and largely didn't play his last 2-3 years.

His production was very solid at Tech under Kliff and he was WR1 when he was healthy and playing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Putting T.J. Vasher on the same level as Randy Moss is a hilarious idea, imho. Their NFL contributions speak for themselves. :lmao2:

I say this with all due respect to T.J. Vasher's contributions to Texas Tech but as far as their comparative contributions, there's no way.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Putting T.J. Vasher on the same level as Randy Moss is a hilarious idea, imho. Their NFL contributions speak for themselves. :lmao2:

I say this with all due respect to T.J. Vasher's contributions to Texas Tech but as far as their comparative contributions, there's no way.
All I want is a chance, just give me a chance.
GhzU7wh.jpg

Frozen700

Reaction score
Even If he was, I don't think our QB would take advantage of those skills, aka just throw it up often and let him make a play.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I’m a big Texas Tech fan and saw TJ Vasher play in person or on TV in every game he played. I really like the kid….BUT, no he’s not anything close to Randy Moss.

Here’s a look at his strengths and weaknesses:
STRENGTHS:
  • Size- at least height. He’s almost 6’6”, but he’s also skinny as a rail.
  • Catch radius- huge hands and can catch balls most receivers could not get to.
  • Can make the occasional spectacular catch.
  • Good Red zone target- his height and vertical jump made him a good red zone weapon.
WEAKNESSES
  • Unlike Randy Moss, Vasher has zero speed.
  • He drops a lot of easy receptions. Yes he makes some spectacular catches but the drops of easy passes off set that.
  • Not a precise route runner. If he’s pressed by a corner, he has trouble completing routes.
  • Not a good blocker.
  • Has a bad habit of taking plays off.
  • Never played special teams in college.
There’s a reason TJ Vasher wasn’t drafted. He was never a consistent weapon at Tech. In fact, there’s a kid at Tech now named Erik Ezukanma who is about to enter the draft who’s waaaaaaay better than TJ Vasher. Ezukanma will probably be a 2nd-3rd round pick.

Again, I liked Vasher at Tech but I will be surprised if he even makes the team next year.
It’s starting to become a theme with these receivers having spectacular cash ability, yet drop the easy ones.

I think OBJ revolutionized that position, especially for the youth. It’s like they all started focusing on spectacular catches rather than running crisp routes and making regular catches.

Ceedee is one that comes to mind!