Is T Will done in Dallas?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There were already rumors that we weren't interested in resigning him this being his contract season . Is this all about last weeks debacle or is there more to the story?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
There were already rumors that we weren't interested in resigning him this being his contract season . Is this all about last weeks debacle or is there more to the story?

T-Will was gone the moment he signed his rookie contract. If there is one thing GM Jerry has learned -- the hard way, mind you -- is that you can't keep everyone.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Not even sure WHY you counted on him as a STARTER if you had no intention of re-signing him past this year. I told you all about this cat a couple of years ago. He has seen single coverage his ENTIRE career. He should be feasting. A legitimate #2 WR would have made things so much easier for the play caller, the QB, the OL etc... I have seen Romo take hits because he saw the coverage roll to Dez....and the proper read is Williams....and when he looked Williams way....Williams was busy playing patty cake with the DB at the LOS!

Proof

Reaction score
Thought for sure we were taking Keenan Allen there.

NickyDawg

Reaction score
I was hoping we would have drafted Sterling Shepard in the 2016 draft, I'm pretty sure we gave him a look see. Would have been a good replacement for T. Williams.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the season? Probably. I suspect they let him test the market at the very least. He may come back for a reasonable extension if there's not a lot of interest. Either way, we need to be looking to add a WR or two next season.

Nexx

Reaction score
He is, but what is funny is that people think Butler is some stud buried behind him on the depth chart.

not really most people just want someone besides TWill to get a chance to get majority of the snaps as the #2. Twill has proven over the years that he is incapable of being that guy so why not go to the next logical person on the roster for that shot which would be butler. i dont think anyone here thinks a Oakland practice squad player is a stud by any means.

links18

Reaction score
Either way, we need to be looking to add a WR or two next season.

And fix the defense? And eat Romo's contract? Jerry better ask for a credit line increase on his Amex..

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I'd love to keep TWill around as a 3rd or 4th receiver who we could utilize in certain situations and/or packages, but not as a full-time 2nd WR. He's not getting it done. At best, he comes through for us occassionally with a clutch catch or two every few games, but he's the farthest thing from consistent. Too bad he wouldn't accept such a role, not yet anyway.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I'd love to keep TWill around as a 3rd or 4th receiver who we could utilize in certain situations and/or packages, but not as a full-time 2nd WR. He's not getting it done. At best, he comes through for us occassionally with a clutch catch or two every few games, but he's the farthest thing from consistent. Too bad he wouldn't accept such a role, not yet anyway.
I would like to see Butler start this week