Is Taylor a dirty player?

Bizwah

Reaction score
You know, I watched the Sean Taylor highlight video. It seemed that all his big hits were after the play, or shots to the head.

Tonight, it seemed that most of his hits were to the head. He also had to get in one last shove on Glenn's TD that could've been flagged.

Last week he costs his team with a stupid personal foul......

I remember a Commanders fan saying that Roy was a dirty player, but it seems he's nowhere near as dirty as Taylor.

Thoughts?

thescarface1989

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
You know, I watched the Sean Taylor highlight video. It seemed that all his big hits were after the play, or shots to the head.

Tonight, it seemed that most of his hits were to the head. He also had to get in one last shove on Glenn's TD that could've been flagged.

I remember a Commanders fan saying that Roy was a dirty player, but it seems he's nowhere near as dirty as Taylor.

Thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing!

Wolfpack

Reaction score
his plays that I saw on TV looked fine. He is a good player.

EndGame

Reaction score
I noticed that shove as well. At first I thought it should have been flagged, but I suppose you could say if Glenn was juggling the ball (which Tayler couldn't have seen from his angle) the shove might have dislodged it. I dunno.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Thoughts?

...contact by Taylor after Glenn got the TD. He was clearly in the endzone when Taylor gave him the shove.

I don't think that Taylor plays the game anymore or less aggressive than Williams. They both have to get into their heads that the league is changing away from their style of play.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I think Taylor is a VERY good player that makes some mistakes because he doesn't think.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Actually ST tries to get on sportscenter with his hits a lot and therefore tackles high, RW does this from time to time also. How bout that hit RW put on Betts.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
He's easily the dirtiest player in the NFL.

By far.

I like how Madden said Roy would sometimes get personal foul penalties...

WHAT?!

How many personal fouls does Roy have in his entire career? Quick, someone find that out. I bet it's less then Taylor had LAST YEAR alone.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Thanks.....

I don't have a problem with hard hitters.

Heck, Dawkins from Philly is a big time hitter. Roy is a big time hitter.

It just seems that he's always on the edge of a good hard play....or a dirty play.

He's a good player.....He doesn't need to do stupid things. All that ability and he can't seem to control himself.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think ST just lets his emotions get to him a bit too much.

He was their MVP tonight as far as I'm concerned.

Bizwah

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
Actually ST tries to get on sportscenter with his hits a lot and therefore tackles high, RW does this from time to time also. How bout that hit RW put on Betts.

See, I don't have problems with hits like that....first of all, Roy's a Boy.

Secondly, he was running through the tackle. His helmet may have made contact, but it wasn't deliberate.

Taylor seems to send his elbows and forearms to the head.

Totally different type of play.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Thoughts?
definate late hit in the endzone on Glenn

he's "dirty" cause he's often out of position to make a play and just delivers a hit after the catch (much like Roy in coverage prior to this year)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
those shoves in the end zone happen all the time. to call that would be awful IMO.

as much as i dont like to say it i thought he played pretty well tonite

except he got beat by a 7th round pick again

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The Glenn shove was unnecessary, but give him his due. He had a monster game.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Avery said:
I think ST just lets his emotions get to him a bit too much.

He was their MVP tonight as far as I'm concerned.

He was our MVP too.. he gave up two TD's... ;)