Is the Arizona loss going to be a "Scarlet letter"?

plasticman

Reaction score
No team, not even the Chiefs, are going to bring their "A" game for 17 consecutive weeks. Almost every Super Bowl champion had their "head scratcher" at some point in the regular season.

There is no difference between losing 35-34 and 35-0.

Arizona is not a potential playoff team so "head to head" competition with the Cowboys is not going to be an issue.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The only reason we lost to Arizona is I selfishly went to a bar to watch the “out of market” game instead of giving YouTube my money.

I realized that after that loss and bought the Sunday ticket. The football gods matter.

T-RO

Reaction score
It's an anchor around our neck for sure
An Anchor that cannot help to sink us to the bottom of the ocean. No doubt. Why bother continuing with the season? Only 5-2, with the weight of the world at having lost an *asterisk game*. The inhumanity! I shudder at the impossibility for this team to to take another step forward.

People will be talking about that game...and its importance... for decades.

Asklesko

Reaction score
An Anchor that cannot help to sink us to the bottom of the ocean. No doubt. Why bother continuing with the season? Only 5-2, with the weight of the world at having lost an *asterisk game*. The inhumanity! I shudder at the impossibility for this team to to take another step forward.

People will be talking about that game...and its importance... for decades.
It's true. Decades from now, people will be remembering how we lost to the lowly Cardinals

T-RO

Reaction score
I think the scarlet letter was 42-10 to the team that has eliminated you from the playoffs 2 years in a row. You can overlook AZ, you can't overlook SF.
That might be closer to something relevant and true...

Or consider if a scarlet red letter goes to a 49ers tight end who declared something unseemly about the city of Dallas...after that game...

THREE STRAIGHT 49ers LOSSES SINCE.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL is about match-ups. For some reason , that team has our number. Kinda like we have the Giants number. Other teams struggled against them last year , but we didn’t. And its been like that almost every year since Eli Manning retired.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean unless they completely fall apart and one loss doesn't matter they'll be chasing that loss all season.

They deserve it too. No true contender loses to a POS like the Cardinals.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean unless they completely fall apart and one loss doesn't matter they'll be chasing that loss all season.

Point taken but we just saw Denver smack down KC. So strange things happen in the regular season that don’t mean anything in January.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That might be closer to something relevant and true...

Or consider if a scarlet red letter goes to a 49ers tight end who declared something unseemly about the city of Dallas...after that game...

THREE STRAIGHT 49ers LOSSES SINCE.
My least favorite player in the league, even before the t-shirt.

T-RO

Reaction score

Says the phraud Phan from Philthy.

I could document all the *asterisk* losses by Super Bowl champions through the years, but you are definitely not worth my time.

Proof

Reaction score
The only reason we lost to Arizona is I selfishly went to a bar to watch the “out of market” game instead of giving YouTube my money.

I realized that after that loss and bought the Sunday ticket. The football gods matter.
thanks man. get it together

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I have no problem with historians being able to forever point out the anomaly of the only win the 2023 Cardinals recorded was against the eventual super bowl winning Cowboys.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
Chiefs just lost to a horrible Broncos club. Couldn't score even 10 points!

49ers lost to a very mediocre Vikings team.

These *asterisk* games happen every year. Move on.
You can try to sanitize it if you want but they have one win.