Is the Arizona loss going to be a "Scarlet letter"?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hell… going back to Chain Gailey’s first Playoff game. Don’t know what it is about those Cactus Drinkers.
The Cardinals have had our number for a while, from Jake Plummer to Kyler Murray to Joshua Dobbs.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those “asterisk” games happen to us every year. At least the Broncos won a couple of games before they beat Kansas City. The Vikings had a couple of wins before they beat San Francisco. The Cardinals were winless when they beat us, and have continued to be winless. They even traded away the QB that had a career day against us for practically nothing.
No they don't, at least not using the criterion you lay out here to distinguish our ARI loss from KC's DEN loss. Other than ARI, we have no losses that are worse than (or even as bad as) DEN over KC or MIN over SF since at least the Jets game in 2019, and even those Jets roared back that season to finish 7-9.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No they don't, at least not using the criterion you lay out here to distinguish our ARI loss from KC's DEN loss. Other than ARI, we have no losses that are worse than (or even as bad as) DEN over KC or MIN over SF since at least the Jets game in 2019, and even those Jets roared back that season to finish 7-9.
Those type of games happen to the Cowboys often. Just last season they lost to a Packers team that was riding a 5 game losing streak. The Packers were terrible and we ended up blowing a 14 point lead in the second half. Aaron Rodgers had his best game of the season. Later that season we blew a 17 point lead to a Jacksonville team that was 5-8. Jacksonville wasn’t playing very good when we played them but we decided to let them off the hook and take the second half off like we did against Green Bay. The previous year in 2021 we were embarrassed at home to Denver, who had lost 5 straight games earlier that season.

Plus they were playing with a backup QB and had lost three starters on their OL. They had us down 30-0 at one point. You mentioned the Jets game in 2019. They were 0-4 when we faced them. Sam Darnold who had missed the previous three weeks with a disease ended up shredding us. Just another embarrassment. It doesn’t matter how any of those teams finished up, when they played us they weren’t playing good, but we made them look great. The Arizona debacle will come back to haunt us just like some of those other losses.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
To be fair, 1995 Super Bowl Dallas Cowboys were swept by the 6-10 Washington “Name that is verboten”. Unfortunately, I don’t think the 2023 Dallas Cowboys are the 1995 version.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those type of games happen to the Cowboys often. Just last season they lost to a Packers team that was riding a 5 game losing streak. The Packers were terrible and we ended up blowing a 14 point lead in the second half. Aaron Rodgers had his best game of the season. Later that season we blew a 17 point lead to a Jacksonville team that was 5-8. Jacksonville wasn’t playing very good when we played them but we decided to let them off the hook and take the second half off like we did against Green Bay. The previous year in 2021 we were embarrassed at home to Denver, who had lost 5 straight games earlier that season.

Plus they were playing with a backup QB and had lost three starters on their OL. They had us down 30-0 at one point. You mentioned the Jets game in 2019. They were 0-4 when we faced them. Sam Darnold who had missed the previous three weeks with a disease ended up shredding us. Just another embarrassment. It doesn’t matter how any of those teams finished up, when they played us they weren’t playing good, but we made them look great. The Arizona debacle will come back to haunt us just like some of those other losses.
Uh huh. There's no way in which those losses were in any way worse than say the Chiefs loss to the Broncos, as you're trying to claim. I don't care how finely you try to slice it.

Denver in 2021 hadn't lost five straight games as you claim (it was four), they won the week before they played us, and they were a .500 team when we played them. Somehow you're trying to claim that was a worse loss than the Chiefs losing to this year's Denver team, who came in 2-5 with their only two wins being squeakers over the terrible Bears and Packers. Last year, the Jaguars came in just having crushed the Titans and beating the good Ravens just two weeks earlier, but you have to claim they "weren't playing very good" to make it fit your narrative. Whatever.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Uh huh. There's no way in which those losses were in any way worse than say the Chiefs loss to the Broncos, as you're trying to claim. I don't care how finely you try to slice it.

Denver in 2021 hadn't lost five straight games as you claim (it was four), they won the week before they played us, and they were a .500 team when we played them. Somehow you're trying to claim that was a worse loss than the Chiefs losing to this year's Denver team, who came in 2-5 with their only two wins being squeakers over the terrible Bears and Packers. Last year, the Jaguars came in just having crushed the Titans and beating the good Ravens just two weeks earlier, but you have to claim they "weren't playing very good" to make it fit your narrative. Whatever.
Does it really make that big a difference whether the 2021 Broncos lost 4 or 5 straight games? When the Cowboys faced them they were 1-4 in their last 5 games. They were stuck with a backup QB and they had three starters out on their OL. Despite all that was working against them, they embarrassed us at home. Nowhere did I say that was a worse loss than what Kansas City suffered to Denver this past weekend. You’re just making stuff up. KC doesn’t make a habit of losing to bad teams. Like I said, it happens every year to the Cowboys. They have a trend of playing down to their opponents. As for Jacksonville last season, they were 3-7 in their last 10 games when we faced them. We had them down 27-10 in the third quarter and we let them off the hook. We took our foot off the gas and they ended up pulling the rug right out from under us. That win inspired them and they went on the win four straight games including a playoff game.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it really make that big a difference whether the 2021 Broncos lost 4 or 5 straight games? When the Cowboys faced them they were 1-4 in their last 5 games. They were stuck with a backup QB and they had three starters out on their OL. Despite all that was working against them, they embarrassed us at home. Nowhere did I say that was a worse loss than what Kansas City suffered to Denver this past weekend. You’re just making stuff up. KC doesn’t make a habit of losing to bad teams. Like I said, it happens every year to the Cowboys. They have a trend of playing down to their opponents. As for Jacksonville last season, they were 3-7 in their last 10 games when we faced them. We had them down 27-10 in the third quarter and we let them off the hook. We took our foot off the gas and they ended up pulling the rug right out from under us. That win inspired them and they went on the win four straight games including a playoff game.
One of us is making stuff up, that's for sure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One of us is making stuff up, that's for sure.
You can search my posts and you won’t find where I said our loss to Denver in 2021 was worse than what happened to KC this past weekend. That was your claim and you made it up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1981 week 6, Cowboys got the holly crap kicked out of them in SF 45-14. Dallas returned for the NFC title game and lost, but it was 28-27 in "The Catch," game. That lost to the 49ers does not define a season. It can happen.
I know that's why this post the original poster it's one of the most mind-numbing ridiculous posts I've ever seen.. And that's pretty hard to do here...