Is the Cooper Rush signing a bigger deal than we know?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cowboys when Dak is injured
yeah, I saw an offense that struggled. I saw an offense that ranked in bottom third and worse in the league. I saw an offense that had a total of 100 yard passing in a game. I saw an offense that very quickly deteriorated and sucked in the last two games Rush played..... I saw a defense that carried us to wins. you were probably sleeping during those weeks. or had your blinders on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
can Cooper get those too? I bet they were plenty of them too. The wide receivers didn't jump over the defenders to get the ball like the same ones who didn't do it for dak. come on let Cooper get that excuse too.
well, somebody had a statistic of almost interceptions. Rush would the league in those. he had 4 in Commanders game alone.

conner01

Reaction score
ok first how many teams need a starting qb right now? Not many, and those that do want a vet with more experience than rush,
and some want to draft a guy this season.
How many of those would want dak if he were available?

Dak fans blame his poor year on weak at wr position, elliot as main rb, the OL, and KM as OC..
Well when rush was starting, he didnt have gallup, or ty hilton he only had noah and lamb tolbert feheko.
He had elliot as main rb with pollard not being used much, no tyron smith, and KM as OC.

And he did pretty good with what he had . his first game they beat cin , a team who wound up in afc champ game.

The loss to phil, was a bad game plan by dallas, and phil was unbeaten, wound up winning nfc champ and barely lost the sb on last second fg!
He was playing them in phil with only playing in 4 games as a starter in 22.
Dak was ready to play but jerry held him back so he would not be embarrassed by phil.
They made rush play, and at that point there was no way dallas could beat phil even if dak had played.

Is rush better than dak, I think in some ways yes and in some ways no.
Rush only lost 1 game , to a SB bound nfc champ team, and was then dumped back on the bench.
Is rush a bonafide starter? hard to say with him only playing the 5 games, but you cant really say he isnt either.

like any qb who hasnt played much, it is hard to prove you are, without more games played.

people say well the defense won those games, but dont you think the same defense helps dak win games ?? lol.
and we all know the only way rush starts for dallas again is if dak gets hurt again.
In no world is rush better than dak
Rush has been free on the market most of his career every year and no team has even tried to sign him as a backup

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That Dak Prescott would not start for a single team in the league other than the Dallas Cowboys?

No sane human being can honestly believe that.

WAS, NYG, DET, ATL, CAR, TB, SF, LV, TEN, IND, HOU, NE, NYJ, PIT, and potentially several more.
LOL. I can't fathom the level of stupidity on yoru comment. more like a child, 5 years of age.

this alone makes you nothing but a troll. go suck on a lollipop

p.s.
are you MC by any chance? sound like him, writes like him. ghost account perhaps.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That Dak Prescott would not start for a single team in the league other than the Dallas Cowboys?

WAS, NYG, DET, ATL, CAR, TB, SF, LV, TEN, IND, HOU, NE, NYJ, PIT, and potentially several more.
This statement proves the lunacy of some posters. Dak would indeed start for everyone of those teams.

NotForLong

Reaction score

LOL. I can't fathom the level of stupidity on yoru comment. more like a child, 5 years of age.

this alone makes you nothing but a troll. go suck on a lollipop

p.s.
are you MC by any chance? sound like him, writes like him. ghost account perhaps.
This statement proves the lunacy of some posters. Dak would indeed start for everyone of those teams.
Look The Dak Dweebs are Cannibalizing themselves . . . Logic is so ridiculous it causes them to attack eachother

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Nick: From the sound of things, the Cowboys got pretty lucky that he returned. He was getting close to taking another offer with either the Raiders or the Bengals. But I don’t think he ever really wanted to leave. And sometimes, just comfort alone is hard to beat. Cooper Rush is a solid backup that is a proven winner.

Rush is a better processor on the field, dak has the slowest processing skills

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look The Dak Dweebs are Cannibalizing themselves . . . Logic is so ridiculous it causes them to attack eachother
Like sharks during a feeding frenzy now they're eating up each other and someone should remind them their numbers today are scarce here in the CZ so take care guys..... :thumbup:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
337034738_758076708976760_3545815737651983396_n.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Cooper Rush will be manning the backup QB spot, just like he did in 2022.

His success in filling in for Dak is what rendered him more valuable, without a doubt.

Leave it to the bone-headed Skip Bayless to contribute his dubious opinion.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score

No sane human being can honestly believe that he would.

Why did no one sign him when he was a FA? If he was starting quality, teams would've been lining up, and he would've gotten a ton more than 3 mil/season.

What you're saying simply does not make sense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Umm wake-up

Umm Dak is on his last year here

Ummm Dak was just restructured allowing an out .

Ummm Rush was 5-1 last year and has guaranteed money next year .
So he becomes the stop gap until Max Duggan is ready .
Ummm, nothing you said here is accurate. Dak's restructure did the exact opposite of creating an out. It opened cap space this year, while making his dead cap hit next year over $60 million if the Cowboys choose to release him. There is zero chance of that happening. None.

Rush isn't the stop gap to anything, and God help us if the Cowboys think Max Duggan is the future. :muttley: