Is the drama on this team real?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
:muttley:

Funny how that question comes from the guy (OP) who makes a thread about everyone and everything and picks up every little thing on the Internet. 19k posts in three years.
My biggest fan lol lol I love you man!! People like you that make me!!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
rVKbuLQ.jpeg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The issues recently with Micah and Hooker, like all of a sudden this comes out? Is this issue really a real issue, or is this just to give us something to discuss?? I have a hard time believing anything along these lines are real today, but are just done for entertainment. Does anyone else feel this way, or is this really an issue??
yes. created at the top. trickles down the team. it keeps cowboys in the news and it increases value of the team. its real. and its created.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exactly. I think Dez wanted to be great and win but didn’t know how. Too dumb. I am not sure Micah even has that desire.
Dez was great for three seasons, but his inability to separate and run routes caught up with him after he was injured. He also allowed opponents to get in his head. His emotions would get the better of him and it affected his play. Every time he would have a temper tantrum he would claim it was passion. Parsons doesn’t seem to be that passionate about football and is just looking for a huge contract so he can retire early. He seems more interested in doing podcasts and other off the field activities. He says he only wants to play until he’s 30. That tells you he doesn’t love the game.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Funny how that question comes from the guy (OP) who makes a thread about everyone and everything and picks up every little thing on the Internet. 19k posts in three years.
Being that I'm a low post count guy, how do you tell when someone joined? (never mind, click on your name LOL)

In defense of this forum, the longest time I've spent on a internet forum is on tractors, been there close to 20 years, and "only" have a little over 9,000 posts LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's not working in terms of success in the playoffs
but its not about the playoffs. the goal is not success in the post season. once you understand that, then it will make sense.

the goal is to increase cowboys value. the cowboys are by far the most valued franchised in any sport, by a mile. so tell me again why playoffs matter? cowboys are on national TV 17 weeks next season.....

playoffs matter to you, me and ardent fans. Jerry is not marketing to those fans.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
but its not about the playoffs. the goal is not success in the post season. once you understand that, then it will make sense.

the goal is to increase cowboys value. the cowboys are by far the most valued franchised in any sport, by a mile. so tell me again why playoffs matter? cowboys are on national TV 17 weeks next season.....

playoffs matter to you, me and ardent fans. Jerry is not marketing to those fans.
Yeah but wouldn't another Superbowl win add even more fans and revenue? I still don't get why (and don't believe that) Jerry isn't after post season success.

He just doesn't know how to build a team in salary cap hell. He's no GM but thinks he is. I'm not doubting his motivation, just his skills. But either way, it's bad for us.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah but wouldn't another Superbowl win add even more fans and revenue? I still don't get why (and don't believe that) Jerry isn't after post season success.

He just doesn't know how to build a team in salary cap hell. He's no GM but thinks he is. I'm not doubting his motivation, just his skills. But either way, it's bad for us.
I am not saying he is not after post season success. that's icing on the cake for him. so he will eat the cake without icing. regular season, 17 weeks. 8 home games. tons of sales. cowboys in the news year round. cha ching.

so his priorities are his business first, football success second.

and I 10000000% agree, that he is not a good GM and its the root cause of our failures.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The issues recently with Micah and Hooker, like all of a sudden this comes out? Is this issue really a real issue, or is this just to give us something to discuss?? I have a hard time believing anything along these lines are real today, but are just done for entertainment. Does anyone else feel this way, or is this really an issue??
Is the drama in the fan base real?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's a feature of the Cowboy's Business Model, drama sells. There has been an explosion of Reality shows since the 90's and the Dallas Cowboys are the most successful reality show the world has ever seen. Football has just become the setting for the "show", we've had all the elements, villains that people love to hate, the will they/won't they moments, crying, scandals, illegitimate children, heartbreak and heartwarming, family/team in-fighting, the return of the prodigal son, we've even had a monkey for that light hearted moment. I'm waiting for the "episodes" where the evil twin shows up.......... :popcorn:

visionary

Reaction score
The only drama is fan and media created and driven.

The Micah and Malik deal is really nothing. They probably say down and had a few beers and laughed about it, and at the fans and media.
Exactly, when a teammate calls out another in public they just have a beer and laugh it off
:facepalm::facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, when a teammate calls out another in public they just have a beer and laugh it off
:facepalm::facepalm:
Yes it happens, but :facepalm: all you want.
Later on, yeah. They probably did or will.

I had arguments with friends, co-workers. Later on we were having beers together.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I am not saying he is not after post season success. that's icing on the cake for him. so he will eat the cake without icing. regular season, 17 weeks. 8 home games. tons of sales. cowboys in the news year round. cha ching.

so his priorities are his business first, football success second.

and I 10000000% agree, that he is not a good GM and its the root cause of our failures.
I think that’s very accurate.

He wants all of the business success, but also wants his precious ‘credit’ for building the team if they happen to win. He also thinks that him being the public face behind all of that is the best move.

He can’t at all see the conflict of interest that combo creates. He thinks he can do it all.

I find it difficult to sit here and call that guy a dummy. At this point he probably figures he may as well just double down on himself, since hiring a GM that wins would only make it look worse.

This is what makes me livid when it comes to him….he doesn’t care about the fans that line his pockets, only himself….and acts as if no one else on earth could have purchased the Dallas Cowboys.