Video: Is the end near for Tony Romo?

foofighters

Reaction score
I find it so funny that people hang on every word that comes from the media and then they get super cereal mad about something they disagree with. This is why I refuse to watch ESPN anymore. I watch games and make my own mind up by what I see and not some pencil pusher who couldn't lift 4 pounds if he wanted to.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why it would make anyone mad.

It is just a guy giving his opinion and predictions about a player.

He is not belittling the player or the team in that clip...only person he belittled is Jerry and if anyone deserves it is jerry from time to time but even his take was not much of a belittling IMO.

Romo has had back to back...back injuries. There have been reports on issues with his deep ball in practice. He is getting up there in age for a starting NFL QB.

So nothing really far fetched there.

He is not screaming like a loon (ala Stephen A Smith) or speculating on the QBs sexual preferences (ala Skip) so I don't really understand why someone would be mad at that clip.

Seemed pretty straight forward and reasonable assumptions to me. More of a Captain Obvious prediction vs an attention seeking, look at me, wild prediction out of left field.

In other words...

Meh

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Just like tiger woods romo is now below the level he played at pre injury. He may be efficient but I highly doubt you see the same romo of 4-5 years ago. Anytime you go under a knife you will never be 100% again, then you add age and it's a no brainer that he will never be the same.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Not sure why it would make anyone mad.

It is just a guy giving his opinion and predictions about a player.

He is not belittling the player or the team in that clip...only person he belittled is Jerry and if anyone deserves it is jerry from time to time but even his take was not much of a belittling IMO.

Romo has had back to back...back injuries. There have been reports on issues with his deep ball in practice. He is getting up there in age for a starting NFL QB.

So nothing really far fetched there.

He is not screaming like a loon (ala Stephen A Smith) or speculating on the QBs sexual preferences (ala Skip) so I don't really understand why someone would be mad at that clip.

Seemed pretty straight forward and reasonable assumptions to me. More of a Captain Obvious prediction vs an attention seeking, look at me, wild prediction out of left field.

In other words...

Meh

Great post! I did read the article (don't normally read Florio) so I can't really be mad about his thoughts.

The sad part is he has a 50% chance of being correct.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
or like you someone that is hoping he is in the twilight of his career.

I'm not hoping for the decline of his career? smh.
I'm hoping he peaks out this year so we can finally get a playoff run...

But a 34 year old QB, coming off 2 major back surgeries with only 1 career playoff win in 8 years...I'm just realizing the obvious.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
to start with a cyst is NOT a back injury. So he has not had multiple back injuries. This so called article whatever is a perfect example of the garbage that passes for so called sports journalism today

Whether it was an injury or not...He had Surgery to correct the problem.

Frankly chances are you did not watch the Video so you don't know what was said in it since you referred to it as so called article.

Sometimes maybe you should watch the video or read the articles before you condemn them. Sometimes they are nowhere near as bad as those on here would lead you to believe.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I just hate that they keep implying that the cyst was a real 'back surgery.'

It's a non-structural back issue (IIRC, a cyst is nothing more than dried up blood in the body that they want to get rid of as it could later become cancerous).

My college roommate had a cyst on his back and had to take a semester off from school. He said it hurt like hell afterward, but after 6 months he was up and moving around like it had never happened to him.

To me, it's just laziness or an unwilling to tell the truth by the reporters so they can stick to a narrative and draw in more views and web site clicks.

That is what bothers me about the video. But as far as the rest, I don't see the big deal. I think the entire contract extension and the idea that Romo is a 'young 34 year old QB' has really made me question Jerry's priorities and acumen as an owner.

YR

burmafrd

Reaction score

Frankly chances are you did not watch the Video so you don't know what was said in it since you referred to it as so called article.

Sometimes maybe you should watch the video or read the articles before you condemn them. Sometimes they are nowhere near as bad as those on here would lead you to believe.

Actually I did waste the time; I wonder if you did. Curious how you keep defending the garbage out there....

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

I called it an article as well but I'm used to doing that. I did watch the VIDEO, though. :confused:

burmafrd

Reaction score
I'm not hoping for the decline of his career? smh.
I'm hoping he peaks out this year so we can finally get a playoff run...

But a 34 year old QB, coming off 2 major back surgeries with only 1 career playoff win in 8 years...I'm just realizing the obvious.

your post history is clear you are a Romo hater; don't bother to snivel about it

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

So what?

I had a wart removed from my knee when I was 20 years old. If I were a football player, should teams be worried about my knee because I had surgery to remove a wart?

Or how about having ingrown toenails removed?

You're essentially jumping on the buzzword of 'surgery' and trying to treat all surgeries the same.

YR

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually I did waste the time; I wonder if you did. Curious how you keep defending the garbage out there....

HAHAHAHA

Continue defending WHAT garbage?

I think you need to take a silver centrum or something cause you must be confusing me with someone else.

What and Who do I CONTINUE to defend out there among the press?

I think this is one of the few times that I have ever defended someone in the press around here.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what?

I had a wart removed from my knee when I was 20 years old. If I were a football player, should teams be worried about my knee because I had surgery to remove a wart?

Or how about having ingrown toenails removed?

You're essentially jumping on the buzzword of 'surgery' and trying to treat all surgeries the same.

YR

You are not some foolish poster. You are a smart individual.

Removing a Wart from a knee and removing a CYST from the back is two different things.

Furthermore I doubt if romo had a wart removed from his leg he would have had a projected recovery time of a month.

People who have had back issues know they normally don't just go away, normally they stick around and get worse...unlike a wart.