News: Is The Sense Of Entitlement Gone For The Dallas Cowboys?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I don't know about the sense of entitlement being gone, we've made the playoffs only once in the past 5 years and haven't been a winner since 2009... and we just extended our 33 year old QB to the tune of 6 years/100 Million... Elite money for his position. It caused controversy because he didn't earn that type of payday with his play on the field, but we gave it to him anyway. Seems like entitlement from the outside looking in.

The entitlement in Dallas has nothing to do with the 5 SB wins, it has everything to do with if you're one of Jerry's "guys". If you are, you're getting a longggg leash because he wants nothing more than to show everyone he's right. And that's been the problem in Dallas since Jimmy left.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I have felt in the past that there was definetly a sense of entitilement in Dallas.

Because they were on the Dallas Cowboys, some players (probably not all) felt that no matter win or lose they were still "Rock Stars" in Dallas with the big star on their helmet and 6 trophies in the case.

They were still "Royalty" because Dallas had the reputation and tradition of 'winning'.

Fame, big houses, fancy cars and all of the glitter of being a Dallas Cowboy was enough for some of them. Oh sure, they wanted to win, .. but win or lose, they were still living the "high life" of being a Dallas Cowboy. Even though latelty they have not earned that at all.

So nobody will be happier than me if JG has removed that sense of entitlement.

I must have missed our 6th Super Bowl trophy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't know about the sense of entitlement being gone, we've made the playoffs only once in the past 5 years and haven't been a winner since 2009... and we just extended our 33 year old QB to the tune of 6 years/100 Million... Elite money for his position. It caused controversy because he didn't earn that type of payday with his play on the field, but we gave it to him anyway. Seems like entitlement from the outside looking in.

The entitlement in Dallas has nothing to do with the 5 SB wins, it has everything to do with if you're one of Jerry's "guys". If you are, you're getting a longggg leash because he wants nothing more than to show everyone he's right. And that's been the problem in Dallas since Jimmy left.

There are many who feel he did earn the contract. But let's be real, it's not a 6 year contract.