Is There A Better Fit For Dak?

kskboys

Reaction score
Hard to say.

There is a better fit for pretty much all players on the Cowboys under Garrett. The staff was terrible about not putting the players in the best position to succeed.

So, yes, there would've been a better fit for Dak.

Under McC? Doubtful, since most QB guru coaches such as Reid already have their QB, tho it would definitely be interesting to see Dak in BALT.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well if our front office was competent they would have got the deal done last year for 32m and less than wentz and goff
Should have done it the year before that and got him for 30. It would have looked like a lot of money but look now. It’s gonna be another 5 million a year and who knows how much more guaranteed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hard to say.

There is a better fit for pretty much all players on the Cowboys under Garrett. The staff was terrible about not putting the players in the best position to succeed.

So, yes, there would've been a better fit for Dak.

Under McC? Doubtful, since most QB guru coaches such as Reid already have their QB, tho it would definitely be interesting to see Dak in BALT.
It will be interesting to see him under new staff. Actually the whole team may look different. A little structure and discipline.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sign the papers, Dak
175 mil...35 mil/yr ...110 guaranteed ...is a great deal

Not compared to these numbers given out over 4 years when you talk guarantees:

Wilson: 4 years, $140M ($107M guaranteed)
Goff: 4 years, $134M ($110M guaranteed)
Wentz: 4 years, $128M ($108M guaranteed)

glimmerman

Reaction score
Last year. There's a whole article about it. Just Google "Dak contract offer, 2019" and it comes right up. He declined 33 mil/year w/ over 90 mil guaranteed.
Hmmm, I wonder how accurate it is. I see both sides denied Daks side asked for 40. I am hearing 35 is in the stable now. If true he should take it on a 4 year deal. He wanted more than goff. Give him a dollar more than the last QB got in most guaranteed. He will be the highest paid QB until mahomes gets paid.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Newton is still out there and Dalton had to take a lesser job, just what would the market have been had they tagged him with the non-exclusive tag as I wanted?

There are teams like BUF, NYJ, NYG, WAS, JAX that haven't made the call on whether they have their franchise QB. They lean in that direction but aren't 100% yet.

What teams might have made an offer and 2 1sts to sign Prescott? Is any team going to give him 110M over 4 guaranteed and give up 2 1st round picks? Would any team do either?

The other factor in this are the up and coming 1st contract affordable QB's like Mahomes, Jackson and Watson. Would a lowly team in need of a QB spring for Prescott or take their chances trying to get Lawrence or Fields in this draft?

There are only 2 QB's that I think are worth that 30M+ price because both are the reason their teams contend, they do it without stellar pb players. Rodgers and Wilson are the only two that have proven to me that they can elevate any team with just their presence at QB. And they've only been able to get one ring each.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Last year. There's a whole article about it. Just Google "Dak contract offer, 2019" and it comes right up. He declined 33 mil/year w/ over 90 mil guaranteed.

If that was a 4-year extension, that's not a good deal when you compare it to the ones I just posted.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not compared to these numbers given out over 4 years when you talk guarantees:

Wilson: 4 years, $140M ($107M guaranteed)
Goff: 4 years, $134M ($110M guaranteed)
Wentz: 4 years, $128M ($108M guaranteed)
apples and oranges

Those were extensions, not new contracts; so they did effectively lock up the players for 5 (or 6) years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Since it matches the highest guarantee, what makes you say that?
Werent goff and wentz extensions. I wonder if that screws with the numbers, or if that just puts signing bonus in there pockets.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder how accurate it is. I see both sides denied Daks side asked for 40. I am hearing 35 is in the stable now. If true he should take it on a 4 year deal. He wanted more than goff. Give him a dollar more than the last QB got in most guaranteed. He will be the highest paid QB until mahomes gets paid.
You can question anything if you want to believe the opposite.

This was big news at the time. That's why it shocks me when people start saying the Cowboys should have signed him pre 2019 season. They tried, and made a legit offer. It was not a lowball offer as some erroneously claim.