Is There a Plan C is at QB

cowboyec

Reaction score
don't believe he sits out the season.
just don't see that happening.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think waiting is a bad idea. That's how you end up paying a QB like Mark Sanchez 2 mil a year to go 10 for 18 for 93 yards with 0 TDs and 2 INTs on the season.

If you wait, you have a much better chance to land a QB who can actually give you some upside. Ultimately, you want to develop a guy but there again, you have to actually spend resources on the position and not just take flyers on 7th rd picks.

Whatever....

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why don't you see that happening?
because i don't see him giving up a season.
he doesn't strike me as a guy who will willingly sit out a season.
i think he's a team guy...a leader....and will play it out.
i also dont see anything in this that is leading in that direction.
i see the opposite....i think we're closer to a resolution than Dak sitting out an entire season.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’d go an sign Flacco to a cheap 1-2 year deal. I think he could run this offense with our offensive line and run game. He’s fallen off the cliff for some reason but the arm is the last thing to go.

I think Flacco has a neck injury. He can’t clear a medical.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
because i don't see him giving up a season.
he doesn't strike me as a guy who will willingly sit out a season.
i think he's a team guy...a leader....and will play it out.
i also dont see anything in this that is leading in that direction.
i see the opposite....i think we're closer to a resolution than Dak sitting out an entire season.

CAA does though. Long story short, I don't agree with much of this stuff. If he were a team guy, he wouldn't have signed CAA IMO.

Not saying he will do this but don't be surprised. That's how France operates.

cowboyec

Reaction score
CAA does though. Long story short, I don't agree with much of this stuff. If he were a team guy, he wouldn't have signed CAA IMO.

Not saying he will do this but don't be surprised. That's how France operates.
we'll see.

pasando

Reaction score
I am actually very concerned about Dak's mental/emotional state right now since the loss of his brother. I think getting back to football asap will help him heal mentally, however his greedy agent wants him to hold out as long as possible for a bigger contract.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Plan A: Sign Dak to a multi year contract..
Plan B: Dak plays under franchise tag
Plan C: What if Dak holds out and doesn't sign the franchise tag contract... Is a veteran bought in... Is Rush next man up...

Honestly, at this point? Nothing would surprise me. I figured they would have hammered out a deal. They didn't. Then I figured they would just pay top market value for Dak, since they're "enamored" with him. They didn't. Then I figured they would give him the top dollar "short term" contract he's allegedly looking for, again because they're "all-in" on Dak. They didn't.

I'm not so sure anyone knows anything about what's going on. Again, absolutely nothing would surprise me, even out of the 3 options laid out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think "The Nooch" gives the Cowboys some leverage that will force Dak to sign something by July 15th. Could be his tender he signs to play on the the tag or it could be a new contract but I don't see Dak holding out beyond that date.

I think Ben DiNucci would thrive in this offense if given the opportunity. So Dak better not give him the opportunity.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Plan A: Sign Dak to a multi year contract..
Plan B: Dak plays under franchise tag
Plan C: What if Dak holds out and doesn't sign the franchise tag contract... Is a veteran bought in... Is Rush next man up...

No to rush, they need to bring Dalton Home for insurance!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
plan A, give dak 40 million for 2 years with 100 guaranteed, then in 2 years, we can give him 50 or 60. He deserves it. He's the best ever.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Dak is going to play but this is lining how to be a complete cluster you-know-what.

At this point, the most likely scenario is that Dak signs the franchise tag one day before the season starts. He won’t be game ready, he won’t have any chemistry with Lamb, he won’t know the ins and outs of the playbook.

He will screw himself, really, because the first four games of the season he isn’t going to play well and the Cowboys could fall into a 1-3 hole that is difficult to dig out from.

See the problem? Even if Jerry does sign Cam or trade for a backup, or let’s say DiNucci is the truth and he wows people in training camp (very unlikely - even Brady sat a year), McCarthy isn’t going to pull the $31M quarterback at 1-3.

If they wouldn’t can Garrett last year, frustration at its finest, Dak will have enough rope to hang the entire franchise.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak will resign or admit he's the biggest fool in the entire world, today...

Rush won't see next season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There are only two plans at present -- that being a mutual agreement on a contract or Dak playing on the franchise tag. If he holds out, he'd be cutting his own throat in doing so. If a mutual contract agreement is signed, both sides will have come to terms. The issues would be resolved.

Last edited: