Is there a player at 24 that you are hoping we Don't take?

_sturt_

Reaction score
I don't want us to take a center. Of the positions of need we have, that's the one position where some adequate options still exist, and we simply don't have enough high picks to reasonably expect we can fill all our voids... we have to sign someone eventually.

One gets the sense that they like Suamataia, or Kingsley as he's better known :) ... and yes, I too hope we don't take him at 24 b/c one would hope we can find a trade partner and grab an additional 3rd or 4th to move back for him.

But that said, Tyler was a surprise as early as Jones, Jones & McClay LLC grabbed him, and so I will not be surprised if they ultimately cannot find an acceptable trade and just go ahead and hand in the card, hopefully with a spell checker, and a pronunciation guide. ;)

Carson

Reaction score
I don't want us to take a center. Of the positions of need we have, that's the one position where some adequate options still exist, and we simply don't have enough high picks to reasonably expect we can fill all our voids... we have to sign someone eventually.

One gets the sense that they like Suamataia, or Kingsley as he's better known :) ... and yes, I too hope we don't take him at 24 b/c one would hope we can find a trade partner and grab an additional 3rd or 4th to move back for him.

But that said, Tyler was a surprise as early as Jones, Jones & McClay LLC grabbed him, and so I will not be surprised if they ultimately cannot find an acceptable trade and just go ahead and hand in the card, hopefully with a spell checker, and a pronunciation guide. ;)
At this point, we have to trust them going OL in round 1. They proved me wrong with Frederick and Smith. I can question other picks, but they seem great finding OL in round one and UDFAs

J12B

Reaction score
Why does everyone hate guyton
All I hear about him is that he has all the talent but he has consistency problems.

Plus he played RT and we need a left.

Factor all that in and I'd much rather take someone else like Mims who has less experience, but dominated when he played.

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't mind Guyton. Can't teach size and he's a jerk.

Tyler Smith made a lot of agression errors in college so it's not exactly the same deal. Guyton makes technical errors and I'm not sure our jurassic offensive line coach is the guy to fix him.
Great post. Especially the jurassic oline coach part.