Is there a possibility of Zeke holding out?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
You don’t spend a 4th pick for a 3 year player.

Sign him now for 4-5 years and he will still be under 30 when his contract is up. At that point, you part ways.
Your first sentence is dead on accurate, but it's not going to lead to a financial formula for success in this case. The smart teams trade out of that pick unless they get that franchise QB there or a player in a position of relative longevity. RBs wear down too quickly.

CalebTC84

Reaction score
I saw this click bait pop up during Pro Bowl week. Not one source since the original rumor mill started. This is weak, surprised to see it allowed even on the forum. The only thing I've seen remotely close to this is Zeke saying he wishes they could get a deal done to sign to the Cowboys after winning his second rushing title in three seasons. He still has a 5th year extension option on his contract.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I love Zeke. He is the Cowboys best player and they would not have made the playoffs without him. I can't see paying a RB 8 figures annually for 3-5 years. My guess is that they would not sniff a SB under those circumstances. I would look for a trade.

Best at what? Running up the middle, yes. Everything else, debateable.

GMO415

Reaction score
tenor.gif

CPanther95

Reaction score
A 4th year 1st round pick doesn't threaten to hold out. His agent tells the team that his client's groin starts to spasm whenever he even thinks about playing without a long term contract.

CalebTC84

Reaction score
I saw this click bait pop up during Pro Bowl week. Not one source since the original rumor mill started. This is weak, surprised to see it allowed even on the forum. The only thing I've seen remotely close to this is Zeke saying he wishes they could get a deal done to sign to the Cowboys after winning his second rushing title in three seasons. He still has a 5th year extension option on his contract.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
What's he expecting 8-10 mil a year? 2 years left and he might hold out that sucks.

cern

Reaction score
All speculation written by clarence hill of star telegram. But based on what's been happening in the nfl lately, i'd say it's a distinct possibility. Rams gurley deal has set the standard.

cern

Reaction score
So mods yall just going to leave this open or what
Why not. Google the story. It's hill's article. Not to mention a most interesting story. I think it will come to pass. Just the way things are in today's nfl.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Jones blew the rookie window like he's blown everything for a generation.