Is there a poster insightful enough to explain why Dak and Cooper are still not signed?

Paradox

Reaction score
Jerry got defensive with Adam Schefter talking about the Dak signing. That tells me a deal is imminent. Maybe a franchise tag for Cooper?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t think Cooper is interested in signing now. Wants to see what his possibilities might be next year. His 5th year in his Rookie contract paid him handsomely. It will be quite a bidding war for him.

And Dak wants too much . We will probably Franchise Tag him and see how it plays out.

It was all over Dallas media last week that Franchise Tagging him appears imminent.

ultron

Reaction score
One needs to sign so we can franchise the other, if not - we're screwed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One needs to sign so we can franchise the other, if not - we're screwed.
Cooper has been great. But if we don’t do anything this year in playoffs then what has it really done for us besides wasting a 1st round pick and saving Daks career.

Cooper trade was supposed to put us over the top.

Cooper might be looking to go elsewhere .

Asklesko

Reaction score
Jerry bet that Jason and Zeke would be great and Dak and Cooper would be non-elite. At the end of this season, they'll ask for the moon, and I don't see why they have to take it from the Dallas Cowboys.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Too much focus on oil and gas plays and not enough on signing his best players???

Because the players know their value will be massive if they hit FA. The team hasn't offered a deal commensurate with their value on the open market.

Neither likely wants to leave but you don't go all team friendly on your 2nd contract

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Jerry bet that Jason and Zeke would be great and Dak and Cooper would be non-elite. At the end of this season, they'll ask for the moon, and I don't see why they have to take it from the Dallas Cowboys.

I agree. I think this is going to get ugly. Franchising a star QB? How does that happen? I am convinced Cooper is a goner. Hope I am wrong. I am also getting a bad feeling about Dak.

Glad he prioritized Mr Bull Ring and the LB that likes to avoid tackling.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Cooper has been great. But if we don’t do anything this year in playoffs then what has it really done for us besides wasting a 1st round pick and saving Daks career.

Cooper trade was supposed to put us over the top.

Cooper might be looking to go elsewhere .

I honestly think Cooper really likes playing with Dak and for the Cowboys. He'll stick around at least one more year on a tag. Dak will get signed...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It doesn't appear as though either player is anxious to get signed. Cooper seems to prefer becoming a free agent.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I really don't think it is about money at this point. And I don't say that in a bad way. I think both want to be in Dallas and will be in Dallas. I don't see these two players worshipping the almighty buck. I could be wrong but Dak and Cooper just seem to me to be focused on this season and trust the business side of the game will take care of itself. And I think both Dak and Cooper trust Jerry. Maybe they don't want their signings to be a distraction to the team during the season.

My best guess is that Dak especially, and Cooper probably, want to win so bad that they don't want to sign the big contract and lose the drive to succeed during this critical time during mid-season. Sometimes people lose a little of that drive which sometimes comes when you get a big pile of money all of the sudden.

Both seem to me to be big team players.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t think Cooper is interested in signing now. Wants to see what his possibilities might be next year. His 5th year in his Rookie contract paid him handsomely. It will be quite a bidding war for him.

And Dak wants too much . We will probably Franchise Tag him and see how it plays out.

It was all over Dallas media last week that Franchise Tagging him appears imminent.

Gave you like but only for the effort. Trust me when I say this, Jerry and Stephen WILL NOT franchise Dak, that's for Cooper. Dak is simply playing this thing out just in case we get to the Super Bowl. My guess, he already has an amount between Wentz and Goff on the table. Just a matter of whether or he can elevate those numbers with a Super Bowl appearance.

No way in hell we're letting Coop get anywhere near free agency and lose not just a damn good player but 1st round invested......that's why you keep the tag in your back pocket (lol).